• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No more tunnel icing!!!

Try here: parts@canadianfarmsupply.com I have had this stuff for years, in the pail, and used it on sliders and track clips. It will wear off under these conditions, but prolongs life and reduces friction. I haven't got the spray yet.

I tried Fluid Film this season. So far it seems to work ok. There is still snow stuck in the tunnel but no where near what there used to be.

Attachments

• Cayamant-20140105-00248.jpg
    Cayamant-20140105-00248.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Cayamant-20140105-00248.jpg
    Cayamant-20140105-00248.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 83
  • new 050.JPG
    new 050.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Cayamant-20140105-00249.jpg
    Cayamant-20140105-00249.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 82
This is a paint with lots of graphite in it. It won't be a multi-application deal. It will take a longer time than I will ever own this sled to wear off.

I've had a idea that I've thought about trying, most of the problem is the tunnel protectors and those of us that run studs need these so if there was a easy way to heat them you would have less of a problem. If you were to run some hot exhaust through them it would be simple to heat them, take break line with fittings on and drill and thread 2 holes in the muffler route the lines to the protectors and let the gasses go through the tubing. I cannot think why this wouldnt work, any one got any ideas

ldb said:
I've had a idea that I've thought about trying, most of the problem is the tunnel protectors and those of us that run studs need these so if there was a easy way to heat them you would have less of a problem. If you were to run some hot exhaust through them it would be simple to heat them, take break line with fittings on and drill and thread 2 holes in the muffler route the lines to the protectors and let the gasses go through the tubing. I cannot think why this wouldnt work, any one got any ideas

As cool as this idea sounds. They would need to be fairly large diam. steel brake lines.
Problem is with high flow exhaust air flow... Small holes over a length of a thin tube basically won't flow any or much air, as the main flow always goes for easiest way out.
Did that make any sense?
Hell, try it out. Who knows? It might work.

figured a 3/8 line but your right dont know if it would flow enough. would bet on a stock muffler if tapped on the front side maybe more pressure,

Back