• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No-Slip wear

ntm_08

Pro
Hi

One of the no slip (sitting on the batrery side) has a lot off wear. The other one is as good as new.

I assume its because the drive shaft are not set straight?

Is it because the track is to tight on that side or is it to loose.

I`m going to try and align the drive shaft and i need to know witch way i`m going to adjust the shaft on the clutch side.

Or is it other things that could do this ?

ntm_08

Something might be getting lost in the translation here. are you refering to the anit-ratchet-drivers that spin the track. If one is worn out and the other one is fine it may be that the drivers are not on the drive shaft in the right spot or the track is not running straight on the rails. If this is the case it would allow the the track clips to climb up onto the side of the drivers chewing one up. I would think if the whole drive shaft is not aligned then it would be chewing up both drivers not just on one side. You might have a bearing going out on the battery side too that is allowing the shaft to move on that side causing the wear as well.

The track clips should be running centered on the suspension rails. I would also see if all the track clips are in good shape on the side with the bad wear. You may have a couple of bad clips that need to be replaced on the side with all the wear.

Good luck

Track is centered, and the clips looks ok. Drivers is centered and the bearings are new.

Can't understand why the track climbs so far out on one of the drivers.

Are your drivers timed ( lack of better term) correctly? There are reference marks to time them when they're pressed onto the drive shaft.

Are the center to center dimensions for the driver teeth equal to the center to center dimensions of the windows in the track?. I cant think of anything else that would cause one driver to wear more then the oither. A bent drive axle might but i would have to imagine that would cause a huge vibration when you are riding it.

bholmlate said:
Are the center to center dimensions for the driver teeth equal to the center to center dimensions of the windows in the track?. I cant think of anything else that would cause one driver to wear more then the oither. A bent drive axle might but i would have to imagine that would cause a huge vibration when you are riding it.

They are perfect. But i have a bit of vibration going at 2-30mph then it`s gone. Have a little vibration when riding i powder at WOT also.

I dont know whats normal, have the PC track.

When my anti-ratchet's were first installed, the track would not align correctly. The drivers looked centered in the track windows, but I could not get the correct side-to-side adjustment on the rear axle. A tape measure proved the drivers were not centered with the suspension rails. I shifted both drivers about 3/32 inches (2-3mm) over from center and that cured the problem.

I would think the drivers should be centered in the tunnel, but that's not the case with my sled.

Just my 2 cents.

Back