• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Noisy MP

Marks MP

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha SR Venture DX 146
My wife and I go long distance with this machine and the one thing that I wonder about is the clickity clackity (thinking clutch sound) I get. I know that it is the same as any other MP/VL i've ever listened to but it would be nice if someone knew of a solution.

I think I know what you're talking about. I think it's caused by the weight arms moving around during idle. At speed the noise goes away. If you look at the primary clutch and grab the rollers, they can move back and forth. The Nytro guys tried something but not sure if it works. And the pics are gone from this thread too.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/official-clutch-rattle-removal-thread-w-pics.114990/

Schmidt bros racing makes a quiet shim kit for the primary for the phazer, suppose to quiet down about 75% of the noise!

Welcome Marks MP and it is good too see some of the usual suspects are still around. The first snowmobile tracks showed up on the trails yesterday.
I'm breaking in a new quad so the MP is still parked.

My recollection of the various threads on clutch rattle is that a lot of guys try small O rings and it works for a while. I think the stock MP clutch/motor may be the noisiest 4 stroke built by anyone. We are an interesting lot ... want quiet clutches and no track howl and then put on a can. What's with that?

Thanks so much guys... i will pull my clutch and take a look at it. Good suggestions... I will let you know how it goes.

Back