• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NY guys, Reg stickers?

civilsr5

Extreme
i was wondering where you NY guys have put your registration stickers on your apex's. The reason i ask is because last year we got stopped on Lake george and the DEC told us our stickers are in the wrong place but they have been in the same place on all our sleds since we have owned them. dmv says on both sides in a horizontal location. DEC said it should be on the bottom but viewable. Where do you have yours. I dont want a $200 fine. thanks

2148912960104294530S600x600Q85.jpg

They tend to peal off on the belly pan. I put mine on the tunnel. I realize you are not technically supposed to put them on the tunel but I have done this for years and I ride 2500-3000 mile a year in NY and have not had a problem yet.. One time the dec said I was supposed to have them on the hood but they didn't ticket me for it..

yox185 said:

X2 on this location. This is where my reggie stickers are. Then again, my side panels have been sanded and painted. Some people are using that same location but riveting or screwinf a piece of plexi-galss there..then sticking the reggie to the plexi-glass.

--Steve (O.C.)

I put mine where yox185 put his. And yeah, they tend to peel and stuff, but not in one piece. There is always most of it still there. If the LEO gives me crap about it, I'll just tell him that that is where the State has directed me to put it, and I did not want to break the law!

i put mine on the side just under the windshield. they cant see from far away but they are right there if they check. neve had a problem yet

I was told last year that my stickers were in the wrong place and they would be giving tickets this year. Last year was just warnings. I was stopped on Sacandaga, Mulleyville, Lake George and Maraiville. My stickers are currently on the tunnel. When i registered my sled this year I got new plates and i was just actually out in the garage seeing where I could put them. I think I am going to put them on the side panel just above the reflector but i have not 100% decided yet. I really think it is BS that they are harrassing us for something so minor. I feel like, Hey, I am not drunk, my sled is registered, insured and I am not riding like a lunatic. Leave me alone. I have been riding for a long time and my reg stickers have always been on the tunnel and it has never been an issue. Very #$%&* agrivating......I wish they would give us a plate like they do in Canada and we could rivit it to the mud flap and be done like they do up there.

It is a total PIA.. My mother recently got a ticket because her registration sticker in her vehicle had fallen off the windshield so she taped it back on. Guess what. Its illegal to tape it on, and its illegal to let it fall off. She was supposed to call the DMV, report that the sticker had fallen off, and pay them $11 for a new sticker.... TOTAL BS!! If they would spend 1/2 the money and resources building jails to house these pedophiles that keep reoffending, maybe our children would be safe... But no.. They would rather spend the money hiring cops to bother us for petty crap...

I got stop by the Dumn @#% WI DNR today because of to thing first thing was he said the trails were closed. Its sad when you are the one to tell the DNR the trails are open. And number 2 My sticker was coverd by snow sorry the snow was deep I told him just out to piss poeple off.

Wigman - I recognize that location - overlook near Old Forge, right? I have the same pic - different person & sled though :)

I put my sticker in front of the orange reflector on the side panel. Heated up the plastic with a hair dryer, pressed it carefully on, then heated up the sticker with the hair dryer again. No peeling in 4 years.

Mine are on the tunnel by my foot , mainly for cosmetics . Cant stand the look of it on the bellypan .

I put mine on the top removable cowling, just above where the shock is. There is a spot on the plastic that it fits perfect and doesn't look too bad. Didn't want to put them down below as I heard they come off sometimes.

Back