• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NY trail conditions

RX136

Does anyone still have enough snow to ride this weekend in New York? Rode out of Barnes Corners last weekend but was pretty rough getting back to Tuggers on Sunday evening. Would like one more ride if possible.
Thanks, Larry

Hmm

That's what I want to know too,Larry. Looking to get one more ride before I "officially" call it a season. Did you get my PM?? I see snow up north Friday and Saturday....hmmmmm.

Steve, I did get your last pm and responded but seem to be having trouble sending them. I just tried and could not send you a pm. Would like to ride one more time on Sunday ,hope someone responds. Larry

Took a short 75 mile ride from my house in Northwestern up through west Lyden to smith rode by C-ville and back through 46 corners and did not see any bare spots. :D Trails were pretty good for the most part. I plan on 2 trips both Friday and Saturday on the south end of Tug Hill. May be the last rides of the season.

From Flat Rock Inn toward Montague its ridable with a few thin/bare spots closer to Flat Rock(Rode that way Tues).Last Fri the closer to Tuggers in Barnes corners the worse the trail was with bare spots and water.
Today(wed)- Flat Rock toward Timberview for the first 3/4 mile road was 99% bare with puddles by late afternoon.After that there are thin areas and growing bare dirt/rocky/gravel/mud spots.Trail is thining bad on the main trail closer to Timberview by the 4 corners where the trails meet.Railroad bed by reservior was slow up and down NASTY.
C4F going to Highmarket was very good as was C4C(65+mph) :D.C41 trail had decent sections :D and good snow.C4B camp 4 road was soft but had snow.Some trails had 3-7 inches of mushy snow on top(temps-traffic).
Highmarket and south had the best snow.Conditions change in a few hours with bare spots showing up where there were none before.Some trails had slush that had froze from sleds and groomers going through the wet areas causing some dangerous waterhole obstacles.Many places have not been groomed recently and if they were they get torn up fast even with few sleds hitting them along with the temps.
Idiots are all over getting in that last ride trying to impress somebody and kill the rest of us :evil: so be careful as usual.Cats and Pol going way to fast over moguls and around corners in the middle or on my side of the trail and these knuckleheads/pin-heads still can`t get over on their side by the time they come upon the guy I ride with who is 50ft behind me.
There I feel better now.
Theres two inches of snow on the reservior over the ice and sleds are running on it but there are some open water spots near the trail.800+lbs of Warrior and gas and rider and I didn`t dare try to run it today and neither did the guy I rode with on his 600 Rev.
Get out and ride before it melts.If its warm like today don`t overdress.

Does anyone have any information regarding the trail in Canada. I need one more ride before I put her away.

Looks like some fresh snow coming Thursday night and Friday. I can't ride til Sunday. Going to be warm but I'll probably head up. If anyone is going out then let me know what time you're leaving and from where. I'd rather meet somebody than ride alone for sure.

I just heard from Powerhaulic and there is lots of snow by him. He did say that there were some bare spots, but mostly good.

Back