• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro and Phazer Ball Joints

So what is the idea with the new balljoint race, is it the race that usually wears and the ball is okay to reuse?
Not sure where the shim would go and how would you know if the shims are needed?
What is the current pricing?

Yamaha has a fibrous mesh between the ball and outer race that gets hammered out (at least on the 07-09 units). The balls hold up very well but the race goes bad.

The shim is used between the lower ring and the cir-clip to take out any slop due to manufacturing tolerances from the ball joint pocket depth in the A-arm. Some have added no shim, others up to 0.020" to get rid of the extra gap. If you install the cir-clip and there is slop between the bottom ring and the cir-clip, you may need some shim. On my personal sled, I could probably have added about 0.005" of shim but I left it and will check it the next time I have the front end apart. Some guys have successfully made shims out of their favorite frosty beverage can and a pair of scissors.

Ball joint kit is $125 plus tax and shipping. They are thin enough to go letterpost so shipping could be as low as $2.50-$3.00 if you can wait for them.

The shim packs are selling at our cost of $12.00 + Tax (and shipping if you order seperate

In NL, your looking around $158 Canadian with the shim pack, sent via letterpost.

Hope that helps. Any more questions, fire away!

I noticed mine are a little sloppy after 1700 miles. I'll have to take them apart and see if my shim is holding up.

just did mine last week. hardest part was getting old joint out. used a 4wd ball joint press/c clamp. did it without removing arms. went together in minutes. put over 300 mi on them up north. anxious to see how they hold up. the originals lasted 3300, then the fiberous mesh fell out. local riding is extremely rough at times. I had drilled a 3/32 hole in all inner arm joints and ski leg to shout grease in daily. and smear grease on ball joints daily. my ski mount bushings were also shot and that was greased daily. I'm thinking my gen 1 simmons are working joints extra hard when riding on frozen hard pack. may switch to a pilot

We got got about 1/2 in today and some more is coming this week more in the up not saying how much .... anyways how much to ship to mich...I think you pm me with a place in the states but i lost it ... lol...

The Us dude is arteeex or http://www.northcoastinnovation.com/

otherwise the cheap shipping with $100 insurance is $5.85 surface or $7.46 air with NO tracking.

It would really be a little cheaper for you to try arteeex first though.

If you decide to try sledtoyz anyway, the site will throw a couple shipping options at you before check-out but you will need to register first.

Back