• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Boost Module for your YamaHeater

Just got off the phone with Rock. He shipped me the booster very quickly and spent several minutes on the phone with me walking through the install process. His customer service is top notch. Highly recommend doing business with him. Thanks Rock.

A few people have asked how would they know if they need a Booster or not.

The Best test is a running test.

Start the sled & put them on YamaHeater High(RED LED).
Let the sled run for ~5 min.

The grips should get to about 125 degrees F or so.
They should feel almost uncomfortable to hold with bare hands. (Too hot)

If they just feel lukewarm, you need the booster.

Hope this helps!

Rock :-o

what do i need?

I have a 08 nytro and the hand warmers seem to very alot!!The throttle hand I can never feel the left is only hot sometimes as well as the thumb warmer.Help Please :4STroke:

Attachments

• polaris on fire.jpg
    polaris on fire.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 144
Re: what do i need?

deanbob said:
I have a 08 nytro and the hand warmers seem to very alot!!The throttle hand I can never feel the left is only hot sometimes as well as the thumb warmer.Help Please :4STroke:

On the Polaris pictured, the warmers seem to be working pretty good, maybe a bit too good! LMAO

That would sooooo suck!

Send me a PM with your number deanbob, will have you do some measurements & see what you have.
Will figure it out and get you taken care of! ;)!

You could have a bad right grip warmer, or they could just be that far off, we will find out.

I think that polaris owner needs some nomex underwear. ;)! It's a really HOT sled though. LOL

Sorry Rock. Hey guys, try to stay on topic. :jump:

Rock,
I got the boost. I understand everything plugs into the connectors on the yamaheater. The only question I have is do i leave the left connector to the yamaheater unplugged because the is not another plug?
Dan

dansranger said:
Rock,
I got the boost. I understand everything plugs into the connectors on the yamaheater. The only question I have is do i leave the left connector to the yamaheater unplugged because the is not another plug?
Dan

Hi Dan!

Yes, you only use one output from your YamaHeater into the input to the Booster.

Working on instructions as we speak!
(A bunch of you guys are going to get them today or at least very quickly.)

The Booster goes between your YamaHeater & your grips.
Give me a few minutes & will have them posted. ;)!

YamaHeater Booster Install Instructions

Remove appropriate body panels & locate the following connectors:

2 output connectors from your YamaHeater (Orange & Black wires)
Brake connector (Blue/Red & Green wires)

Your YamaHeater Booster installs BETWEEN your existing YamaHeater & your grips.

1) Unplug the grips from your YamaHeater. (Grips have 2 small Black wires)
2) Plug both grips into output connectors with Orange & Black wires from Booster.
3) Plug input connector from Booster (Yellow & Black wires) into one of the output connectors from your YamaHeater (Orange & black wires).
4) Unplug brake connector with Blue/Red & Green wires & plug power connector from Booster with Blue & Green wires into open connectors from brake. (This connects power)
5) Install Black Ground wire with ring terminal under appropriate bolt for ground.
6) If you did not do so prior, change SIG fuse in sled fuse box (Small Black box on right side of sled near reverse mechanism), to blue 15A fuse provided.

As it is a power conversion device, your Booster will get warm in operation, keep in mind when mounting to allow air flow around Booster.

The Booster Case is a shielded metal case that cannot touch anything metal on your sled.
Make sure when you install the Booster, the case is isolated from any metal, including ground.

Test for grips warming with sled running and in YamaHeater High Heat setting (RED LED, Zero Bars on display).
Allow sled to idle for a few minutes & verify grips are getting nice and WARM! :drink:
(Your grips should get SERIOUSLY WARM!) ;)!

Let us know how it goes!

PS As always, can PM/email me with your phone number & I will call you right back.

Also posted these directions (& alot more info) in the INDEX here:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=67236

Rock hooked me up with one of these boosters the other weekend just prior to a ride in the UP.... wow, what a difference!!! Walked me through the install on the phone and everything. The Boosted Yamaheater makes riding this sled a joy in the cold weather. Gonna really put it through it's paces later this week as it's supposed to be in the single digits on Thursday and Friday in the UP. Hopefully we get our snow back too! Thanks again Rock, great product and unbelieveable customer service. Fun guy to talk to as well- maybe we can grab a beer in Muni at the next ride :drink:

northerndoc said:
Rock hooked me up with one of these boosters the other weekend just prior to a ride in the UP.... wow, what a difference!!! Walked me through the install on the phone and everything. The Boosted Yamaheater makes riding this sled a joy in the cold weather. Gonna really put it through it's paces later this week as it's supposed to be in the single digits on Thursday and Friday in the UP. Hopefully we get our snow back too! Thanks again Rock, great product and unbelieveable customer service. Fun guy to talk to as well- maybe we can grab a beer in Muni at the next ride :drink:

Most definitely! :drink:

You coming to the Give-Away ride in Muni? :Rockon:

The weather report looks good & it's snowing outside my window right now!!! :drink:

Hopefully your YamaHeater with Boost is everything I promised, PLUS!

Hoping to ride this week yet!
(Have to get caught up first! lol)

To me, this is REALLY COOL!!!

Designed & built alot of electrical smarts right into the Booster.

It has thermal protection, if it is overloaded, the output reduces accordingly until the overload goes away. (Is fully automatic & your grips still work all the time.)
(This includes a shorted output, that way your Booster can't be damaged by an un-intended short in the wiring, failed grip etc.)

The output is also current limited, this means it makes it hard to go outside the safe operating margin envelope of your stator, which helps protect your stator from being overloaded.
(Fully automatic & Goof-proof)
(Even if you change the bars/grips and they are very low resistance which would normally put your stator at serious risk of failure.)

Your Booster will automatically shut-down in a low voltage situation so as not to overload your sled.
(Your grips will still work, at reduced power.)
This is mainly a concern at idle.

This is some major electrical smarts & great protection for our sleds!

Back