• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Boost Module for your YamaHeater

installed the booster tonight, pretty quick and easy, straight forward install. Gonna test them out this weekend up in the UP...supposed to be a little chilly.

With the yamaheater and now this booster I'm seriously running out of room in those rubber boots to store these wires and connectors! I hope the sledstart doesn't share those rubber boots too...they are not gonna fit.

sleddingfarmer said:
With the yamaheater and now this booster I'm seriously running out of room in those rubber boots to store these wires and connectors! I hope the sledstart doesn't share those rubber boots too...they are not gonna fit.

I have a roll over valve too!! i know what you mean...

They got warm fast, I didn't give them a real good test but on my bare hands they were getting plenty warm enough!

I'll give a full report after this weekend. Sounds like it will be a good test for them.

sleddingfarmer said:
They got warm fast, I didn't give them a real good test but on my bare hands they were getting plenty warm enough!

I'll give a full report after this weekend. Sounds like it will be a good test for them.

Sounds good!

Let us know how it goes!

Rock :-o

Just installed mine last night. WOW, what a difference this module makes!

Will this booster module have any impact on the lower grip heater settings as well? Or do we now have a handful of slightly warm (the various stock green LED settings), followed by thermonuclear fusion (red LED)?

With as hot as these grips can now get, how long are we going to have to wait for someone to invent a "Heater Eater" grip-mounted food grilling device?

One potential improvement to the installation instructions a few pages back would be detail on which slide of the sled (plug-cluster) we are dealing with for each connection. FWIW, I installed all of mine (with the exception of one of the orange-black plugs) in the battery-side boot.

sr12345 said:
Just installed mine last night. WOW, what a difference this module makes!

Will this booster module have any impact on the lower grip heater settings as well? Or do we now have a handful of slightly warm (the various stock green LED settings), followed by thermonuclear fusion (red LED)?

With as hot as these grips can now get, how long are we going to have to wait for someone to invent a "Heater Eater" grip-mounted food grilling device?

One potential improvement to the installation instructions a few pages back would be detail on which slide of the sled (plug-cluster) we are dealing with for each connection. WWI, I installed all of mine (with the exception of one of the orange-black plugs) in the battery-side boot.

Hey Dude!

Glad you like! :drink:
Thanks for the feedback!
Agree on the directions, is mainly getting time to re-write them. :exc:

LMAO @ Thermonuclear Fusion... :rofl:

All your settings will be warmer, including your YamaHeater High Heat setting.
Hard to believe your previously frozen grips could actually get that warm, isn't it?

Have to let us know how you like on the trail also!

No more :brrr:

Re: Grip heaters

V10nr' said:
Well I can say My '09 XTX's grips were very cold riding in 12 degree weather. Even on high my Polaris buddies did not want to ride my sled.
I just installed the Yamaheaters w/boost and they work very well. Just like Rock and everybody else say.........The grips do get warm right away. I saw satan himself standing on the end of the grips sweating!

The only thing was that on my XTX I had to mount the package on the Battery side. No Biggy. It appears the kit is universal to either side. I also had the mount the Unit under the headlight plastic bar. Other than that it would rub on the side panel.

I am very happy at this point. ;)! Plan on going up to Kalkaska/ Cad area this Thursday. Supposed to be cold. Will see if the grips stay warm so I can use a thinner glove.

Glad you like! ;)!

How did your ride go last weekend?

How do your grips feel on the trail now?

That really depends on how warm your grips get now.
If they get reasonably warm when it's 20*F right now, then you probably won't need the booster.

Best bet is to call me & we can find out how they do now.

PS I will be driving right past Grayling tomorrow evening.

Thanks ROCK!!!

Hey Rock,

I want to thank you again for taking the time last night guiding me through the process of elimination for figuring out what might be causing my parasitic battery drain. You went well beyond the call of duty. Spending an extra hour with me on the phone after determining it was not your Yamaheater speaks volumes about who you are as a businessman and a caring human being. Dude, you ROCK!!!!

James

Back