• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Exhaust- Using Suzuki Lt-R 450 exhaust *pics

Mr.Johnson

Wanted to get some sort of better sounding, better flowing, lighter exhaust on my nytro.
I had my stock exhaust laying around off of my 06 Suzuki LT-R 450 ATV. I think it is going to work great. It is a straight through muffler that is re-packable.

Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Stock Exhaust
FEB2F937-orig.jpg

LT-R Exhaust all mounted up.
24099D8B-orig.jpg

Its mounts up very easy I only had to cut the slip on pipe off the stock muffler and then cut the stock Suzuki exhaust and weld her up!

A view of the tip.
CC864321-orig.jpg

Thanks man. I was very pleased on how it turned out for having absolutely no money into this.

Nice!!! I have a muffler off of my old KFX 450 I didn't even think of trying that.
Does is sound pretty throaty?

Sounds great. I needed something that was oval in shape so it wouldn't interfere with my track. Are ATV silencers about the same size as dirt bike silencers? I would assume so if the bike was a 450 and the atv was a 450.

Yeah they are. I looked at my KFX silencer today and my Suzuki on that i actually used as 1/4" larger Diameter on the threw hole. So i am glad i used that one.
But yes all and all ATV and Bikes are about the same size.

xrrider said:
How will this perform, as the silencer is tuned for a 450cc motor?

I've talked to quite a few people, and everyone said that it's not an issue to run a 450 silencer on the Nytro.

My sled came with an obnoxious exhaust on it when I bought it, so I changed it as I would have been ticketed with the old system. So I can't tell you if it's added HP or not. Not sure how these are on snowmobiles, but slip on exhaust for dirt and street bikes add a little, but not noticeable. What I have noticed is better sound and a little more responsiveness. I would think the sound and weight savings is the main reason for doing this. I'm sure the Lexx would work. There are guys here that install street bike mufflers on the Nytro. When I ordered my Power Commander V from Ulmer, Allen installed a dirt bike pipe map on the PCV for me. So I take it that this is a common mod for the Nytro. I don't believe adding a dirt bike silencer to the Nytro would harm it in any way. Like I said in my earlier post, lots of people said it would be fine.

Back