• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro in the Trees

Float 2's

We machined a set of OEM Nytro MTX Float 2s today to accept the spherical bearings:

Float2.jpg

We just need to make the aluminum spacers now and test the fitment on the Skinz front end.

Based on what we saw on the set of Exit shocks that we received from rlcofmn, we should be able to offer a user installed upgrade kit on the Exit shocks. You will need a press to install the bearings, but they already have the snap ring grooves machined in to the Exit shocks. Or, you can send them in and we can upgrade them for you.

If you have Float 2s, they will need to be sent in and have the shock ends bored and the snap ring grooves machined to install the spherical bearings.

These options will make the front end upgrade much more economical.

:-o

Scott

Re: Float 2's

scmurs said:
If you have Float 2s, they will need to be sent in and have the shock ends bored and the snap ring grooves machined to install the spherical bearings.
Is there an expected price for this?

Re: Float 2's

ruffryder said:
scmurs said:
Is there an expected price for this?

We need to verify fitment of everything first, but we are hoping to be able to do the Float 2s for around $150/set + shipping charges.

Still waiting on the final pricing for the A-arm kits from Skinz.

beeze455 said:
What about stock gytr xtx shocks?

Tarzan said:
Yes what about stock gytr xtx shocks?

I took a look at some GYTR shocks this afternoon and it appears that there is not enough material on the lower shock mount to install the spherical bearings.

hugger70mtnmax said:
Is this just the float 2 this is going to work with or any float shock. Some people like me aren't fortunate enough to have a 10 or newer sled;)

I have only taken apart the Float 2's at this point. I'm guessing that the original Floats are the same configuration as the 2's, but have not verified this as of yet.

scmurs said:
beeze455 said:

Tarzan said:

I took a look at some GYTR shocks this afternoon and it appears that there is not enough material on the lower shock mount to install the spherical bearings.

hugger70mtnmax said:
Is this just the float 2 this is going to work with or any float shock. Some people like me aren't fortunate enough to have a 10 or newer sled;)

I have only taken apart the Float 2's at this point. I'm guessing that the original Floats are the same configuration as the 2's, but have not verified this as of yet.
Ok, thanks then i have to buy it with new shocks :)
New shocks is good to :)

:Rockon: float 2's

I have a set from my Timbersled kit that was installed last year. I think I'm going to go with the Skinz setup. How does the sled behave on hardpack with the new front end? Is it easier to turn? I am curious because I have a set of C&A MTX skis on my Nytro and would like to improve the way it it steers. It feels awfully front end heavy!

Rustbuster said:

I have a set from my Timbersled kit that was installed last year. I think I'm going to go with the Skinz setup. How does the sled behave on hardpack with the new front end? Is it easier to turn? I am curious because I have a set of C&A MTX skis on my Nytro and would like to improve the way it it steers. It feels awfully front end heavy!

Another Alaskan! Welcome to TY! The C&A ski's are aggressive ski's I would think skid adjustments would be your best bet for making it feel lighter on the skis. But there are people who know those ski's better than me.

Rustbuster said:

The Skinz kit improves handling, but I don't think it'll make your sled feel less front end heavy. C&A's have a flat bottom and when combined the Nytro's heavy front end you're going to get heavy steering. What year Nytro?

types of shocks accepted?

scmurs said:
beeze455 said:

Tarzan said:

hugger70mtnmax said:

would you be able to give us a list of the type of shocks are recommended and what needs to be done to them to get them to work for this kit? I am going to buy these a-arms but I have the stock 09 xtx gytr shocks and going to need to buy some new ones for this kit. I dont have the resources were I live to check different type of shocks out to see if they are the right length and have the spherical bearings on both ends.

Back