• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro in the Trees

Re: Float 2's

scmurs said:
We machined a set of OEM Nytro MTX Float 2s today to accept the spherical bearings:

Float2.jpg
can you post a picture of what they looked like stock? My floats look like that, but they didn't come from Yamaha, I think they came directly from FOX and have the metal bushings.

I could just be really confused too..

ruffryder said:
can you post a picture of what they looked like stock? My floats look like that, but they didn't come from Yamaha, I think they came directly from FOX and have the metal bushings.

I do not have any pics of how they looked OEM.

If they came as aftermarkrt shocks from Fox, they more than likely have the spherical bearings already. Do they have a pivoting ball with "cone" shaped spacers that press or slide into the ball?

scmurs said:
ruffryder said:

I do not have any pics of how they looked OEM.

If they came as aftermarkrt shocks from Fox, they more than likely have the spherical bearings already. Do they have a pivoting ball with "cone" shaped spacers that press or slide into the ball?
yes, and little rubber o-rings too.

Does this mean I am all set? Or will I still need to do the upgrade?

Yakuza said:
Hi scumrs, will the A arms have oilites bushings and will they be lighter than stock? Thanks!

No oilites, but they are using the OEM bushings which means that Allen Ulmer's oilite kit will work with them.

The kit is approximately 6 pounds lighter the stock. 16.5# vs 10.5# for the 4 arms in the kit and made of chromoly instead of mild steel.

What color do you want?

OFT Racing is very excited about our involvement in the development of the all new...

SPG "Concept" front suspension.

We have been assisting Skinz since January of this year to bring you the best innovation in Nytro enhancements since the OFT Racing Relocator!

We are announcing the opportunity for our customers to pre-order this kit for a small down-payment no later than Monday of next week.

We will offer the kits in Silk-Satin Flat Black, and Super Chrome powdercoats as standard colors, but they can be ordered in other colors that we stock for a minimal up charge of 25.00 extra. (additional colors to be listed when the pre-orders go live)

These kits will include everything needed for a complete installation. This includes the new steering rods, upper & lower A-arms, upper & lower heim joints, a-arm bushings, hardware, etc...

Shock retrofitting may be necessary

As you may know, for the time being, these kits will only be offered for use with your existing Fox or Exit shocks, or with your choice of Fox shocks purchased with the kit. If you wish to use your existing Fox or Exit shocks, they will most likely require retrofitting to work with ths kit. OFT Racing will be offering the retrofit service on Fox and Exit shocks for a small additional up charge that includes return shipping. (These charges will also be listed when the kit goes live on our site.)

All OFT Racing pre-orders will receive a substantial retrofitting discount as well!

Please stay tuned for opening day!

Hey Guys:

Just going thru the SPG Suspension threads and just wondering if the Evol X will work on this setup? I see the Caleb is running the Evol R upside down (external air resevoir down). Looks like the X's shoud should work too if placed the same way. Maybe I am missing something....too many posts...not enough sleep.

Thanks,

OTM

Off Trail Mike said:
Hey Guys:

Just going thru the SPG Suspension threads and just wondering if the Evol X will work on this setup? I see the Caleb is running the Evol R upside down (external air resevoir down). Looks like the X's shoud should work too if placed the same way. Maybe I am missing something....too many posts...not enough sleep.

Thanks,

OTM

Mike,

There are two "different" Evol-X shocks out there. One is the shock that came on Nytro RTX models and they will work WITH a retrofit upgrade to the spherical bearings.

The other, is the aftermarket Float-X and they will work as well. See pics:

Concept_Evol_X1.jpg

Concept_Evol_X2.jpg

The aftermarket Float-X has the spherical bearings installed from Fox and can be valved for the Nytro if ordered so. However, Skinz is not going to have these as an option for their kit because of the price of the shocks ( $1600 or so ) and they were advised by Fox that the Evol-R is the best shock for this application.

On a side note, the Evol-R can be mounted with either the air chamber up OR down.

Scott

Thanks for the info Scott....

I had a line on some Evol x's, but in the end your right, they are big$ and for what? I ride off trail more than on, so I don't really see the value of going to the X over the R.

I think I'll stick to the current SPG options.

BTW, I was kinda having a laugh at the picture you added. It looks as if the two piggybacks would hit each other at the end of the stroke! Marketing pic maybe.

OTM

Off Trail Mike said:
Thanks for the info Scott....

I had a line on some Evol x's, but in the end your right, they are big$ and for what? I ride off trail more than on, so I don't really see the value of going to the X over the R.

I think I'll stick to the current SPG options.

BTW, I was kinda having a laugh at the picture you added. It looks as if the two piggybacks would hit each other at the end of the stroke! Marketing pic maybe.

OTM

Hey Mike,

I see why you say that, but the two little piggy's are not in line with each other. Hard to tell from the pic, but they do "pass" each other on their way over to the big bad wolf's house :)

Thank you for the order. Is this going to go on the 09 MTX? :Rockon:

Scott

Back