• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro in the Trees

scmurs said:
mtdream said:
well, I dont think the stock coil over shocks will work...there is clearly a eye to eye requirement for the platform to work...part of what we have been working with is pressures, and length of shock...

I know what is needed for the shocks to work properly and you will not be able to use the OEM coil over shocks from an 08-09 model. They are going to have to be Fox Floats assuming that the shocks can be retrofitted with the spherical bearings in the ends of the shock mounts ( still TBD last I heard ).

The change in the geometry of the front end, accompanied with mounting the upper portion of the shock on the OEM mount points, means that the shock is not 100% perpendicular to the mounting bolts and will need the spherical rod end bearings to compensate for the amount that it is not lined up.

Say that 5 times really fast ;):D

So if they can't get the bearings to work with the stock air shocks - we are talking a pretty major price bump. I hope they figure it out - and the EVOLs are an option and not a requirement.

that is the goal...they are working on it as we speak...

it is shocking how much time people like the skinz family pour into this stuff...

they have been sledding twice this year...once you saw the pics, and the other time was not for more than a couple days...

the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and based on nothing but HARD work!!!!

tmk50 said:
So if they can't get the bearings to work with the stock air shocks - we are talking a pretty major price bump. I hope they figure it out - and the EVOLs are an option and not a requirement.

I'm fairly confident that they will figure out a solution to use the OEM Floats.

If they don't, I will.

;)!

If the 08-09 stock coil over shocks wont work, can we safely assume 10's, 11's and12's will not work also? I assumed the shocks where the same, but I do not really know. If I can afford it, I am going to grab this kit and hopefully a 1.75 track for the xtx.

beeze455 said:
If the 08-09 stock coil over shocks wont work, can we safely assume 10's, 11's and12's will not work also? I assumed the shocks where the same, but I do not really know. If I can afford it, I am going to grab this kit and hopefully a 1.75 track for the xtx.

Whatever shock is used will have to have sperical bearings in the end eyelets of the shock similar to this:

bearing.jpg

There are coil over shocks that are like this, just a matter of finding the correct shock for the application. I believe they will be looking at this too.

My statement about not fitting the 08-09 OEM shocks was based on looking at a set from an 08 MTX and there did not appear to be a way to retrofit the fixed bushing on that shock with a spherical bearing.

Sit tight, there will be more information coming.

:-o

the problem is the radical change in geometry, requires one of two things...

not use stock mounting locations- which woudl require welding etc....this is generally a no no for shadetree wrenchers...

Use stock mountain locations, and doing so, will possibly limit options to solve the problem i.e. specific shocks that can accommodate the change in geometry...

Nikolai said:
Are they using 16.5" or 17.5" shocks? 17.5" I hope...

there are a couple options...each has its positives and negatives...

I dont know which is one which sled right now...I think the green sled has 16.5" and hte black sled had 17.5" on it...

pretty sure the set being sent to Alaska will be 17.5"

YamaMTX said:
This would be nice to know so I can start looking for a good deal on a set.

I promise, as soon as I can get the full specs, I will get them posted for all to see, and know....

again, though, we are working on a solution for them to work similar to what Scmurs posted...which will help on the cost front...

Thanks MT for keeping us up to date and informed. I don't want to sound pushy in the last post, I understand they are still working out the details on this set up. pretty excited to transform my nytro for better handeling. Oh yeah and the cheaper the better!

Back