• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro in the Trees

I am confident they want to find a way to do it inexpensively too, however, if you cut too many corners, it wont do what it can do...

For me, I have wasted too much time and money chasing both cheap and best...only to rarely be disappointed in taking more time or spending a little more to do it right...

So, I would not be surprised, if the kit comes with recommended shocks, and or with certain recommendations to get the performance commitments..

i.e. you wont get ferrari performance from a kit car made from a miata...

scmurs said:
beeze455 said:
If the 08-09 stock coil over shocks wont work, can we safely assume 10's, 11's and12's will not work also? I assumed the shocks where the same, but I do not really know. If I can afford it, I am going to grab this kit and hopefully a 1.75 track for the xtx.

Whatever shock is used will have to have sperical bearings in the end eyelets of the shock similar to this:

There are coil over shocks that are like this, just a matter of finding the correct shock for the application. I believe they will be looking at this too.

My statement about not fitting the 08-09 OEM shocks was based on looking at a set from an 08 MTX and there did not appear to be a way to retrofit the fixed bushing on that shock with a spherical bearing.

Sit tight, there will be more information coming.

:-o

Thanks. My AC 440 Zero Pro coil overs had some like that.

Mtnviper said:
Hey mtdream, did you guys get a chance to ride them in heavier/wet (spring) snow? Just curious if the new set-up helps "lighten the sled up" in the "Cascade concrete" that we get out in my neck of the woods.

Bill

the pics are pretty decieving that we are riding in, it makes it look like it is powder, but the only powder shots are in the shade...

Here are a couple, in what I would consider pretty heavy snow...it was about 40 degrees during the following pics, so you could imagine the weight of the snow....

So, I would say yes, this dramatically improves or lightens steering effort on hard pack, and more importantly on off camber sidehills, (again on hard pack) you can easily turn the sled back up hill, or easily maintain a line going across a hill...

112sm.jpg

080sm.jpg

049sm.jpg

the above pics, do not do justice to the hill, and they amplify the look of the "powder" as it was not powder in these areas....granted it was untracked in most areas, but the issue is, you can tell that the snow is not fluffy, it is mushy and wet..

Can't wait to see the final setup on this!

Skinz need another test sled from Central MN by chance?!?!?!

(And I just put on my Airframe boards... can't wait for next season to try them out!)

Wish I could tag along with the Alaska gang to see this new product!!! Unfortunately I am unable to attend.

That is really good to hear. My observation has been that the Nytro is fine in deep snow most of the time until it gets really steep but my elbows after a little riding are killing me from how much effort it takes to ride in firmer conditions.

hugger70mtnmax said:
That is really good to hear. My observation has been that the Nytro is fine in deep snow most of the time until it gets really steep but my elbows after a little riding are killing me from how much effort it takes to ride in firmer conditions.

yeah, on hard pack on the trail, it is even a huge difference...which is IMHO just because they have fixed teh core geometry of the conditions we face...

the automotive industry has its geometry figured out decades ago...the sledding industry is just figuring out, it is more complex than a track skiis and an engine...

balance points, center of mass, angle of attack, approach angle for shocks etc. etc. etc. are only now being thought of and worked on...

this is why the Pro-RMK, and new ProClimb, and even the Nytro were game changers...(Nytro for engine and reliability)

the pics are pretty decieving that we are riding in, it makes it look like it is powder, but the only powder shots are in the shade...

Here are a couple, in what I would consider pretty heavy snow...it was about 40 degrees during the following pics, so you could imagine the weight of the snow....

So, I would say yes, this dramatically improves or lightens steering effort on hard pack, and more importantly on off camber sidehills, (again on hard pack) you can easily turn the sled back up hill, or easily maintain a line going across a hill...

112sm.jpg

Cool! The first pic shows the snow conditions pretty good. Notice how little the up-hill ski sinks into the snow. Also the previous tracks above the sled do not sink in much.
Excellent write-ups ;)!

Bill

here is a pic just above that other pic...in other words, the pic above is me, and I carved up above...the pic below cut across the side hill above me (no not while I was on hill, and not while this was going on)

Moral of he story you can see the snow is not even moving off the track, track is not setting down into the snow...it is what I would call set up snow, not necessary hard concrete, but by no means powder...

150Medium.jpg

Back