• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro RTX SE Handling

Thanks guys! I didn't think I was doing anything too crazy. All the weight goes to the skis and believe me they turn! I rode my nytro back to back with an 800 ptek rev and the rev doesn't lift the front end in the corners like the nytro. You can almost clamp it down in the turn and it just pulls on through. Someone told me it was because of torque and yamaha doesn't have coupler blocks in the skid to control weight transfer. Whatever it is, I still like the sled you just just got to make it work! :)

I shortened my rear limiter strap and Gap to transfer block got shorter. Helps keep skis on ground.

So I just got back from 320 miles this weekend. Results: Ended up tightening the center shock preoad back to stock, it was just too soft. But what a difference 10 psi makes in these fox floats. I was running at 75 and went down to 65 and couldn't believe it. Coming into a corner, it allows that outside ski to dig harder and turn much, much nicer. It is a way more predictable sled now. It does still have some inside ski lift, not all the time. I do believe it is all in how you ride. I agree with the other post. You really have to change your riding style in the corners with these 4 strokes. Letting the motor do the braking and setting the skis while working the throttle is the key. I'm getting better with it the more I ride. It has become a lot more comfortable and enjoyble to ride. I will probably tweak some more but definitely getting better.

Back