• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro vs. 1200 Ski-Doo

Stock for stock the nytro and 1200 trade wins also putting exhuat,fuel controllers on,clutching they also trade wins.They are very close competing sleds and make around the same hp stock and with mods.Its who ever has there studding,suspension,and clutching tuned in better is going to win despite of which brand it is.

Not taking any sides here just telling it like it is.The headline says nytro vs ski doo 1200.

pro116 said:
Stock for stock the nytro and 1200 trade wins also putting exhuat,fuel controllers on,clutching they also trade wins.They are very close competing sleds and make around the same hp stock and with mods.Its who ever has there studding,suspension,and clutching tuned in better is going to win despite of which brand it is.

Not taking any sides here just telling it like it is.The headline says nytro vs ski doo 1200.

Thanks for clarifying pro116...

On another note... I am in no way bashing Turk... I was just stating my findings and his experiences that he shared on the internet. He also raced alot of DOO's 800's, 1200's etc... This being a 1200 vs Nytro post, and him owning both a Nytro XTX and a new and older Apex and his exceptional knowledge of clutch tuning/sled tuning may solidify some of the claims of how these sleds have run in a state of tune... ;)!

pro116 said:

i said basically the same thing at the start of this thread, my 1 friend with the 1200 just did a clutch kit in his so we will see the differance when he races our other friend with the bone stock 09 nytro,

Well...we lined up my XTX (see sig for mods), 1200 renegade, 800 assault, and renegade 800R. It wasn't a very long race and on loose snow. No one had studs, the 800's have cans and the 1200 is stock. The 1200 made a quick jump out of the hole but faded rather quickly and I never saw it again. The 800's were right on my tail and the assault passed me on the top. Also keep in mind my fuel map isn't right and I have a hiccup in the mid range...long story longer, the 1200 isn't that impressive. Nice riding sled, too quiet and kinda boring. All I heard about is how hard the 1200 pulls...let's just say, it doesn't hold a candle to my XTX. I had to buy a longer sleeve shirt in the gift shop after 200 miles on this Nytro. Nice set-up Kyle!!

Well...we lined up my XTX (see sig for mods), 1200 renegade, 800 assault, and renegade 800R. It wasn't a very long race and on loose snow. No one had studs, the 800's have cans and the 1200 is stock. The 1200 made a quick jump out of the hole but faded rather quickly and I never saw it again. The 800's were right on my tail and the assault passed me on the top. Also keep in mind my fuel map isn't right and I have a hiccup in the mid range...long story longer, the 1200 isn't that impressive. Nice riding sled, too quiet and kinda boring. All I heard about is how hard the 1200 pulls...let's just say, it doesn't hold a candle to my XTX. I had to buy a longer sleeve shirt in the gift shop after 200 miles on this Nytro. Nice set-up Kyle!!

2BLUE4U said:

That surprises me, I would get passed by my buddies 1200 (stock) last year, get him out of the hole, then he would slowly walk by on the big end. Maybe all the weight I always carried with me?? Glad to hear its work well for you.

2BLUE4U said:

I would hope you would beat it with your mods... Mod the 1200 and tell me how you do... Or put it back to stock... you are not comparing the same... A modded 1200 will literally leave a stock 1200 in the dust and the same goes for a modded Nytro racing a stocker...

As stopdroproll has said....

SledFreak said:
2BLUE4U said:

I would hope you would beat it with your mods... Mod the 1200 and tell me how you do... Or put it back to stock... you are not comparing the same... A modded 1200 will literally leave a stock 1200 in the dust and the same goes for a modded Nytro racing a stocker...

All I'm saying is I'm not THAT impressed with the 1200 motor. After riding it and racing it, IMO...it doesn't live up to the hype I've heard on this site and others. I have no doubts my stock Nytro SE will beat it in a shorter race. I also don't think the 1200 pulls as hard as either of my Nytro's.

Given another opportunity, I'd love to make it a longer race in better snow conditions . I think the 1200 has longer but maybe not long enough judging by the gap I pulled on him the first time.

The XTX is in the hands of Jerry Fix right now getting the PC5 re-mapped (custom map, every 200 RPM's)...Expect a text from me next weekend SDR, can't wait to see how it runs after the changes.

2BLUE4U said:
SledFreak said:
2BLUE4U said:

All I'm saying is I'm not THAT impressed with the 1200 motor. After riding it and racing it, IMO...it doesn't live up to the hype I've heard on this site and others. I have no doubts my stock Nytro SE will beat it in a shorter race. I also don't think the 1200 pulls as hard as either of my Nytro's.

Given another opportunity, I'd love to make it a longer race in better snow conditions . I think the 1200 has longer but maybe not long enough judging by the gap I pulled on him the first time.

The XTX is in the hands of Jerry Fix right now getting the PC5 re-mapped (custom map, every 200 RPM's)...Expect a text from me next weekend SDR, can't wait to see how it runs after the changes.

I haven't heard much about Jerry lately. I was wondering if he was still around. Does he visit this site much?

He's still running his dealership in Byron, MN. I don't think he's on TY at all. His right hand man, Tim, quit awhile ago. Tim was Da Man...hated to see him go. Anyway, Tim developed and ran most of the online sales, etc. So that's maybe why you haven't heard much about Jerry in the past few months. He's rebuilt his website and his new guy is just getting things figured out after Tim's departure. Two things I like about bringing my sled to Fix...1) Jerry does the majority of the wrenching and I know I can trust him and 2) He can make a sled go fast ;)!

2BLUE4U said:
SledFreak said:
2BLUE4U said:

You are still not comparing them as equal and you are still raving about yours, which is heavily modded over a stock Nytro.. I had over 4000.00 into my 09 Nytro XTX. I know how they run...

I have raced three XTX'S with my completely stock 2009 1200 Gade and I have never had much trouble beating them in a drag. I have found that the 1200 is very hard to launch if the snow is loose at all, seems to spin forever.

rode for 5 days with a 1200 gsx. Never came close to me in a race exept A really long pull he would get me on top before he started blowing belts all day...... i had 5-6 sleds on him till 100 mph where i would top out. pretty much stock for both sleds. the 1200 is bone stock and i just have my undertunnel exhaust no programmer.

Drag racing a Gsx...not quite the same as a renegade. Blowing belts all day...what does that even mean?? What 20 belts in one afternoon?? Just turned 10,000km on my Gade, original belt...

cutlass7 said:
Drag racing a Gsx...not quite the same as a renegade. Blowing belts all day...what does that even mean?? What 20 belts in one afternoon?? Just turned 10,000km on my Gade, original belt...
Do they detune the gsx or something??? The longer track doesnt make that much of a difference.... and he blew 3 belts in one day so he parked it to ride his other sled till he could get that belt thing figured out. No need to get sour cutlass didnt know i had to be specific on how many belts he blew.

Back