• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro will not go past 130km

rage man

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
hey guys looking for some suggestions on this one just did a big overhaul / upgrade on my 09 nytro rtx se put it away end of last season wasnt ideling very good broke suspension on last trip an never fogged it or anything just sat in the trailer an only started it after all my work was done i started it with the old gas in it seemed ok only let it run for a sec next morning i tried to start it wouldnt start or idle to save its life put maby 10 liters fresh regular in it starts an idles but if u burp the throttle it will stall took it out for the first little rip last night filled rest of the way up with with new supreme put about 25 miles on only doing 80-100 km got on the fire road pinned it every thing sounds good constant louder drone from exhaust ( excell light weight exhaust an seat installed first run ) hits 130km an stops sled falls on its face an a brap ..... brap .... brap... sound from exhaust from dieing off then pulls dies pulls feel exactally like a governer or starving for fuel ? pulled to side of trail shuf off 2 foot flames came out of exhaust for 5 seconds i did not notice rpm :( i never cleaned the thottle bodies in this sled ever an im wondering if at the end of last season they were starting to get gummed up an then leaving that old gas unterated all summer an starting it with it in it just made it worse ? any suggestings ? thanks :rocks:

Take some time and edit that so its easier to read.

You want our time to fix your problems, you can take the extra 2 minutes to make it readable.

I find sea foam works wonders for fuel systems. I always dump some in my vehicles every fall and spring. Worked for my snow blower also last fall, and it was only 1 year old. I think gas here in NS has gotten worse.

all edited
ya the ethnol in gas these days makes it go bas fairly quickley i heard also i have the rollers for my clutch on order there fairly worn/beat out could it not be shifting correctly ?

I'm not an expert on the nytro, but you said it was shooting flames out the muffler, and the whole scenario you described when it hit 130 sounds like a fuel issue to me, but I could be wrong. I'd pour sea foam in and go from there.
I'm leaving folly and heading to lamp cabin in springhill on Saturday .
Where do you ride?

NS FX NYTRO said:
I'm not an expert on the nytro, but you said it was shooting flames out the muffler, and the whole scenario you described when it hit 130 sounds like a fuel issue to me, but I could be wrong. I'd pour sea foam in and go from there.
I'm leaving folly and heading to lamp cabin in springhill on Saturday .
Where do you ride?

THis is bringing back memories for me, I used to leave North Shore club and sled all that area. (Folly, Sutherlands, Hearts lake, Debert Lake Etc...)

Edit: I use Seafoam as well with good results.

ya i was defentally thinking fuel aswell but now i domt know because i put it on the lift an whit no real load on it it would spin up to 200 km but it still seemed to have the burp like a governer at 200km aswell an the fuel in the exhaust is unburned so id say its getting fuel

an when i aas doing 130 on the fire road i had it right to the bars trying to see if it would opean up so it was dumping the fuel just not using it cause it wouldnt shift ? agian i dont know thats why im on here lol im going to try some sea foam too cause i think it may be 2 issues

we have a camp in sutherlands thats where we ride aswell

You might want to check your RPM's. Sounds like your bouncing off your rev limiter. 9250-9300 revs and it will do exactly what your describing. Done any exhaust and/or clutch work? Running a PCV or new map???

i have got more than 140 out of my xtx but its not a APEX for top speed ,,, and with this new expensive gas that is shall we say lousy... it needs to have STABIL or SEAFOAM .IN IT ALL THE TIME gas is good for 30 days max and some small engine companies like chainsaws and grass cutters VOID warranty if you let it sit for 30 days , I stabil even spare gas cans in garage.

no didnt do any clutch work or programmer but i did put a full excell system on checked my roller in primary all have pretty sever play 1/8 to 1/4 movement when u grab the roller with you thumb an index finger an move it up an down or in an out

Back