• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

O3 Exhaust leak---Anyone else have ?????

calvinsviper

Veteran
I have this exhaust leak somewhere under the sled. It is most noticable when the sled is first started. After is warms up it goes away but not completely. Could it be a gasket??? I have about 8000 miles on this RX 1. Any ideas? I don't have the heat shield on either. Once it fell off the dealer never put another one on, he said its useless. I have looked and cannot see any place where it may come from

Could be...drop the suspension sometime...should only take 10 minutes, and fire it up. I'd wait til spring, though, if you have snow to ride..leak can't hurt anything under there. Always ride with the window down to make sure...lol.

There is a flange under the seat. Take your seat off you will see a set of rubber plugs in tunnel. Take the plugs off nearest the back. This will allow you to loosen bolts, slide the exhaust out and off the sled to check flange. Exhaust could of slid back a hair and made it leak. Or maybe just need to be tighten up a little. (Later)

My 03 leaks under the heat shield on the exhaust manifold. Mostly goes away when warm. Has leeked since nearly new. It is on my list of things to do this off-season.

Check all that, took it to the dealer and said said i have a crack in the muffler. Gonna have it welded and yamaha is covering it under warranty also. Was told that a new one or to fix with new parts is over $500. And that great yamaha extended warranty will give me back $150 for trip reimbursement. I am happy if it gets me through this season. :D

Back