• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

****** o7-o6 warmers.. WARNING meltdown of CPU *******

Apex_GT

Expert
My dealer just called..I was going to do the 07 bars to the 06 bars for increased warmth..He said Yamaha just released a bulletin saying this can cause a meltdown on the CPU...Expensive part to replace...Yamaha will know cause of the code number....Guess foaming the bars is the only way to go...for now anyway.

If you melt down, how can they get the code? I don't think it's stored in the dash, but the computer itself...

In light of your post..I see they are fed power from the ECU....so why not run to the battery and use the POT off the SX700 with the dial knob type??

so i just learned this wont work....a lot more to it apparently...

Re: o7-o6 warmers.. WARNING meltdown of CPU

Does this apply to those who have installed '07 harnesses in '06 bars or does this apply to the '07 bars & '07 harness refit to '06 sleds?

Re: o7-o6 warmers.. WARNING meltdown of CPU

Does this apply to those who have installed '07 harnesses in '06 bars or does this apply to the '07 bars & '07 harness refit to '06 sleds?

It just applies to people who are using 07 harnesses with 06 bars..My dealer said something along the lines of 6 ohms going into 2 ohms..Not sure what that means..but what i got from that is 3 times more power..hence the fryage..

My dealer installed 06 bars and wired them this way without my knowledge. Wonder if I'm in the clear if it burns out.

Corins said:
My dealer installed 06 bars and wired them this way without my knowledge. Wonder if I'm in the clear if it burns out.

Installed the original 06 bars, or the replacement fix 06 bars?

With the replacements and the harness, that is safe, no worry of melting the CPU

a7m266d said:
Meh... My hands are warm.

Yeah, but you're so fast you can probably coast home if your ECU blows!!! LOL!!!

WTF :o| I was just going to go put my 06 bars back on with the harness. I am putting the 06 back on without the harness. They seemed better anyhow. Plus I like the diameter and adjustable hook. Now I have to find the washer post again!

I'm running with it anyways. Will be riding the next 5 days. If it is going to cause a problem it will be in the next 5 days. I believe Yamaha is saying this so guys won't do this fix. They don't want us messing with the wiring as far as I am concerned. I will use them on low and see what happens.

So the factory fix is ok? I dropped my sled off and picked it up with new bars. I assume the dealer wired it correctly. How can I check?

bars

Called my dealer on this. he stated the ecu can be affected by the varying ground created by the high voltage?causing a meltdown?

He also said that if you install a resistor that will solve the problem or don't run on high and it will all right. the high drawing amps are the only problem so don't run on high

Re: bars

RTX DUDE said:
Called my dealer on this. he stated the ecu can be affected by the varying ground created by the high voltage?causing a meltdown?

He also said that if you install a resistor that will solve the problem or don't run on high and it will all right. the high drawing amps are the only problem so don't run on high
This is it. You cannot run on high anyway !!! They get too damn hot, god bless them. :) I ran them in -15 degrees celius for 413 KMS and Max I put them was at the half mark, then lowered to 2 bars.

FYI: I have an 07 GT and I installed 06 OEM bars without update. If the CPU was to go, it would have already went IMO.

If a resistor helps, why don`t Yamaha (not to be bashfull) recall all 06 and 07 models and make it right. The last thing we need to worru about is electrical problems when we are putting on the already few miles than we can. Its starting to take the fun out of it, don`t you think? (felt good to vent a little).

Sergio

Back