• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

****** o7-o6 warmers.. WARNING meltdown of CPU *******

Upgrade the upgrade??

Question being now "Will Yamaha upgrade the upgrade with a new 'fix'?"

Re: bars

RTX DUDE said:
Called my dealer on this. he stated the ecu can be affected by the varying ground created by the high voltage?causing a meltdown?

He also said that if you install a resistor that will solve the problem or don't run on high and it will all right. the high drawing amps are the only problem so don't run on high

This sounds different than Apex_GTs original post. Wonder why? Dealer interpretation? More to the bulletin?

It sounds like this is still a modification that works. I would like to see somebody install a resistor and mount it to a small plate of aluminum under the dash somewhere, so it can still be within the harness. I wish I knew more about this kind of stuff, but if I had the information I will be the guinny pig (spelling?). I did look on the web site that was linked to the other thread, and found the resistor, but it looked like you could only buy in bulk, and it was hard to tell if you could buy at all from that site. I'll write down the info that was posted and try to find one around here. it sucks that Radio Shack doesn't do that suff anymore (at least here they don't) and only sell cell phones and r/c cars!
I am probably being too picky here, but I want everything to function properly without "quirks" like making sure your bars are turned down enough. If adding a resistor will gain full range of adjustment, I'm for it.
nate

As far as my Dealer? There was NO bulletin from Yamaha. In fact he chuckled when I stated that I heard this on TY. My dealer said, Ya, you guys hear alot of stuff on there and not much of it is true. We laughed a bit, and I asked him if there was some truth to this? He checked with his mechanics and called his other dealership. No bulletin, but!!! His best Yammi wrenchhead stated that the ecu could be affected by the high amperage of the bars in par and not in series and also stated that the new bars on the 07 are par but with a resistor and they don't heat well at all. So hook them up in par and ad a resisitor and that should do it or keep them on a low setting. I asked him what if the ecu took a #*$&@ as to who would pay for it? he said that yamaha can get alot of info from a shorted ecu within the memory and if that were the case? I guess they would have to try and figure out where the problem was? So it is a grey area. Good luck, I'm running they this way also, sick of cold hands too!!!!!!!!!

RTX DUDE said:
As far as my Dealer? There was NO bulletin from Yamaha. In fact he chuckled when I stated that I heard this on TY. My dealer said, Ya, you guys hear alot of stuff on there and not much of it is true.

Your dealer may be an ok guy, but this stuff I like to call "dealer ignorance". #$%&*

I don't blame my dealer for one problem on my sled, other than his whiz mechanic dropping my limiter strap without telling me he was going too. My dealer has been a great guy, yes I spend alot of money there, hell soon I will have a place on the wall for my coffee cup at this rate. LOL He did exactly as he said he would when I called him and promptly returned the call. Not bad when we are not talking a sled sale. LOL

RTX DUDE said:
As far as my Dealer? There was NO bulletin from Yamaha. In fact he chuckled when I stated that I heard this on TY. My dealer said, Ya, you guys hear alot of stuff on there and not much of it is true. We laughed a bit, and I asked him if there was some truth to this? He checked with his mechanics and called his other dealership. No bulletin, but!!!

I notice Your from Wisconsin...Usa Yamaha and Canada Yamaha have different bulletins..My dealer in canada really did call me and warned me not to do this install..Referencing the 6ohms to 2 ohms..Just trying to warn other sledders here..Thats all..I would hate to have to spend roughly 800 dollars canadian replacing the ecu..

Hold on. I caught that Canada might be ahead of the curve on this, but saw that not everybody got that.

Good alert there Apex_GT and I do agree with 87NOS, not all that laughable. A blown CPU is no joke.

Tork said:
Hold on. I caught that Canada might be ahead of the curve on this, but saw that not everybody got that.

Good alert there Apex_GT and I do agree with 87NOS, not all that laughable. A blown CPU is no joke.

I just hate non-internet people, like perhaps the above dealer that laughed at "I heard it on TY". The fact of the matter is, this is 2007, and the internet is for real. Get with the times!! I've heard some good stories so far this year in regards to Apex's about the former Hal's Marine(now Sandi Cove).

I'm not trying to be a smartass at all. just trying to help you or anyone with this ecu thing. But this stuff is always beat to death on and on. I suggest you do like I did and call YOUR dealer and find out where you stand and what you can do. I know what I'm doing. I would doubt that Canada Yamaha and Canada Usa hold sercets from each other but like I said. I called my dealer and know what I'm doing. I'm not going to argue or beat this thing to death on the internet. Know wonder my dealer chuckled. look at this thread!!!!!!!!!

Tork said:
Input from Yamaha is NEW information. Y CAN and Y USA are completely different companies.

And it prooves to me that Yamaha does in fact read these posts..Very cool..Should only help down the road..

Hey guys.....

I did post my opinion on the other thread(long mod thread)if you want to take alook...I dont want to double post.

Can someone who is close to their dealer please scan and post the bulletin here?...I really want to see EXACTLY what is entails and how its worded...

We have over 20 sleds I know that all run the bar mod with no issues.....we ALL obviously run them below half(cause higher then half is just too hot)...IMO,I cannot see this causing heat to the CPU if kept under half....

But by ALL means READ the apparent Bulletin before you try this,and KNOW you COULD have an issue that may not be covered by warrantee...

I never thought id have to type a disclaimer for a thread i started.....LOL..j/k

nice to be back on TY
dan

Apex_GT said:
Tork said:
Input from Yamaha is NEW information. Y CAN and Y USA are completely different companies.

And it prooves to me that Yamaha does in fact read these posts..Very cool..Should only help down the road..

YES,this is proof in the pudding someone from yammie reads TY,maybe they have a paid dedicated NET SURFER to read the sites...ya think?

Dan

Back