• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

****** o7-o6 warmers.. WARNING meltdown of CPU *******

Apex_GT said:
Tork said:
Input from Yamaha is NEW information. Y CAN and Y USA are completely different companies.

And it prooves to me that Yamaha does in fact read these posts..Very cool..Should only help down the road..

Well Yamaha: If you are reading this thread:

COME UP WITH A GOOD FIX FOR THESE HANDWARMERS, THEY SUCK!!

MY WIFES HANDS ARE COLD!!!

THEY WERE WARM ON HER 02 XC 800!!

HOW CAN YOU ENJOY RIDING WITH COLD HANDS?

Im with you. Not real thrilled with this so called upgraded handlebars. Will someone explain why in 2007, I can spend 10 grand on a snowmobile and the heaters still don't heat up for crap?!

Doug said:
Apex_GT said:
Tork said:
Input from Yamaha is NEW information. Y CAN and Y USA are completely different companies.

And it prooves to me that Yamaha does in fact read these posts..Very cool..Should only help down the road..

Well Yamaha: If you are reading this thread:

COME UP WITH A GOOD FIX FOR THESE HANDWARMERS, THEY SUCK!!

MY WIFES HANDS ARE COLD!!!

THEY WERE WARM ON HER 02 XC 800!!

HOW CAN YOU ENJOY RIDING WITH COLD HANDS?

I think they got the picture

I still don't see where yamaha reads this stuff or cares. Tork posts a post from Nov 05 should have a fix soon. Ya from 05 Sorry in my opinion, Yamaha dropped the ball here and a canadian backyard mechanic and nice guy I may add makes them look bad. Ya think?????????????

I feel I do have a reason to complain after a year of waiting with No fix except Machzd's fix. It's the little items that make a big item?Idlers, slides, track wear, handwarmers, ski's, etc

I have no problem making my sled better, but some things I just expect to be right, and warm hands are one of them. just my 2 cents

Which is why we ask you to take your problems to your Yamaha dealer. TY cant fix your problem only Yamaha can do that. Where do get the idea that if you post and complain here Yamaha will somehow magically read this and get the message better than contacting Yamaha yourself through your Yamaha dealer?

You feel you have good cause to complain! Great take it up with Yamaha directly dont try to use TY as a Yamaha complaint box. :ORC

I spoke with Yamaha as I did speak with my dealer to verify the bars were installed correctly. They told me they will not do anything for me. There is no fix. They will not refund my money I paid for the 06 update bars. I said so basically you are telling me to go to the Doo or Polaris camp and she just kept saying I am sorry we do not have a fix and have no idea what is going to be done in the future. She did file a formal complaint.

I give up. If anything happens to my sled from running the 06 bars with the harness you can bet I will not pay for any repairs.

This is what needs to happen get a formal complaint into Yamaha. They will be read and addressed eventually. I know it is frustrating having to wait and even having to do this but this is how it works. We at TY know well of the problem and reading it over and over gets tiresome and wont help the problem. Yamaha needs to receive the formal complaints filled out at your dealers for it to make a difference.

Guys, The bottom line is Yammi put an inferior component on the sled and dosen't want to pay to correct the problem (so we have to). I just had mine replaced yesterday at Hauck and was a little miffed when I found out that it wasn't a warranty issue, it was an "UPGRADE"!!!!!!
Well, "thank you" Yamaha for giving me the opportunity to make my $10,000.00 machine better!!!! Maybe next year you can sell me a sled without a head light and give me the option to install one??!!??
Sorry guys, just a little frustrated. :o| :o| :o|

Isnt it ironic how quick Yamaha is to distance themselves from a homemade remedy, yet for 2 years they havent come up with one on their own that works! They wouldnt have to warn us about the dangers of modifying our handwarmers if the ones they made were adequate in the first place!

Hey Yammi! Enough telling us what NOT to do and get us some help on what we NEED TO DO!!!

Handwarmers have been out for 30 years now! There is no excuse for freezing hands on $10,000 machine built in 2007! This isnt exactly cutting edge technology!!!!
:ORC

I hate to say it everybody, but it's tiresome browsing threads that have been compltetly beat to death. We all know the controversy, can we talk about something more fun?? I vote we call it quits on this topic. The other thread got out of hand and got locked, this one should too. Everything we need to know has been posted.
I'm getting bored.......

Back