• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OHILNS SHOCKS PROBLEMS ON 40TH ANNIV APEX

yamalou

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SIDEWINDER 141 XTX SE, 07 ATTAK, 07 PHAZER
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE WIRES ON THE OHLIN ELECTRIC FRONT SKID SHOCK GETTING RIPPED OUT FROM TRACK ROTATION? THIS IS THE SECOND TIME IT HAS HAPPENED, THE FIRST TIME THE DEALER TOOK CARE OF IT UNDER WARRENTY. BUT NOW THE SLED IS OUT OF WARRENTY (3 MONTHS) AND THE DEALER THAT DID THE REPAIR IS OUT OF BUSINESS (CHRISTMAS MI) AM I SCREWED OR IS THERE ANY LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL? :o|

Both my buddy and I have the electric ohilns and have had no problems. His sled is a 08 Anniv apex ltx and mine is the 07 attack gt. I have removed the skids many times on both machines with no issues. Routing and securing the cable is critical to ensure they don't get ripped out. If you do a search you'll find a diagram on how this should be done.

I UNDERSTAND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE, MY PROBLEM IS THE DEALER REPAIRED/REPLACED IT THE FIRST TIME, NOW ITS BROKE AGAIN, I'M NOT SURE IF THE SHOCK IS REPAIRABLE. THE WIRES ARE SHEERED OFF FLUSH WITH THE SHOCK, AND I JUST TALKED TO THE NEXT CLOSEST DEALER IN MARQUETTE(45 MILES OUT OF MY WAY) AND HE SAID HE WILL TRY TO HELP ME OUT, BUT THAT SHOCK COSTS OVER $1800.00!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE PRICE. I COULD PUT A BRAND NEW M-10 IN IT FOR LESS THAN THAT!

My suggestion would be to contact Meyers Yamaha in Ishpeming. Yes, it will be a little more driving, but our experiences with them have been very positive. Maxdlx blew a chaincase cover on our bagger trip 2 yrs. ago. They GAVE him a replacement chaincase cover and apologized because it didn't have new bearings or seals. Never seen this kind of thing before. Call them and see what they'll do.

you can replace the solenoid in the shock the top part and get the lead wire from there you do not need to buy a new shock there is a tech bulletin on this

THANKS GUYS, YOU'VE GIVEN ME HOPE. I'M NEW TO YAMAHA, CONVERTED LAST YEAR FROM POLARIS (30 YEARS) HOPE I DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE. LOVE THE FOUR STROKES, BEST MOTORS AVAILABLE, IMO :4STroke:

This has happened 3 times on my 06 gt. a good dealer will take care of you. yes, there are bulletins on the correct routing of wires. This is no guarantee that they won't break again. Others have had better luck than me.

Back