• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ohlins Spring Spec? 180-84/23

o's srx

Lifetime Member
I've looked and searched around here and online but can't seam to find out the specs for the ohlins springs. The ones I've got are: 180-84/23 Can someone decipher these numbers or have a chart they can post or are they the OEM ones that came on the '08 40th anniversary model. I'm looking to find out what rate they are.
I've got this setup on the front skis on my '06 APEX RTX now.

I've looked and searched around here and online but can't seam to find out the specs for the ohlins springs. The ones I've got are: 180-84/23 Can someone decipher these numbers or have a chart they can post or are they the OEM ones that came on the '08 40th anniversary model. I'm looking to find out what rate they are.
I've got this setup on the front skis on my '06 APEX RTX now.

I would guess based on these http://ty4stroke.com/threads/part-n...r-mono-suspension-option-springs.22583/page-2 , That would mean its a 2.5 KB spring. Thats about all I have for you. I am sure the 180 is for the length of spring based on the mono springs.

Ok, thanks. I've since found out they were the accessory Ohlins shocks from Yamaha for the Vector (p/n GYP-8ES91-10) so I expect they were setup for it. So if the original Ohlins that came on the 40th anniversary model Apex had the 2.8kg (from what I've found in my searching) the 2.3kg makes more sense for the Vector application.
I'll try them out on the Apex first and see how they work with my riding style, once the trails open up here.
Hopefully in the meantime I'll be able to track down a set of the Apex springs if I need them.

Yes, the YA560 model you have is spec'd for a Vector, but will do nicely on a conservatively ridden Apex. The two other models of traditional mono tube Ohlins are the OEM 40th YA810, and the aftermarket YA654. The latter has high speed comp adjust in addition to the low speed comp and rebound of the 810. It also has a slightly more aggressive valve stack, but the adjusters allow it to run softer if required. Both use a 2.8 spring, though different lengths are used. The 2.8 spring may be a little heavy for the lighter valving in the 560.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind on my first ride, whenever that may come and if they're bottoming out, I'll send them out to be re-valve n sprung properly for my sled.

Back