• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil changing?

YamiRage07

Veteran
Remember seeing something on here a couple of years ago that someone had a diagram or something on changing your oil and filter was wondering if I could get any help on this. Trying to change my oil and filter this year. Thanks for any information. David

get a set of metric allen wrenchs, 12 mm wrench and a small oil filter wrench.
Raise sled and remove skid plate, if you have one, then the plastic cover that is held in with 5 allen head screws.
This will let you get at the oil filter and allen head capscrew drain plug....there are a couple cap screws, the drain plug has a washer on it.
Then remove the right side body panel so you can drain the oil resevoir. The phillips head screws that hold the side panel on strip out easilly, make sure you have a #3 phillips bit.
The filter needs to be changed after the 1st 500 mles, but after that yamaha sez you can reuse up to 12,000 miles.
Repace the drain plugs and fill the resevoir with 3 quarts of oil.

i change my filter every oil change even though yamaha sys 12000 miles it is cheap insurance. you do not need to buy filters and the dealer i run k&n that i buy at my friends shop for 8 bucks and i get a 5 quart container of mobil 1 for 22 bucks.

Back