• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil filter change ONLY! I screwd up!!!

Billboard said:
Nah! Just the "keep it simple" approach. Everytime I try and save a buck I spend two.lol

$26 at yamaha (50 min drive) vs $8 at Auto Plus (4 min drive) is more then a buck...and Wix make a quality filter. You ever get up Island Lake way?? Bunch of us have camps on the old IP road (trail 22) past the lake heading towards Dalhousie. Been meaning to take a ride down Newcastle way but never seem to get around to it.

Yeah we head north almost every weekend. Get to Island Lake 2 or 3 times a year. Usually up your way & Mt Carlton once a year. Awsome trails anywhere north of Miramichi.

Billboard said:
Yeah we head north almost every weekend. Get to Island Lake 2 or 3 times a year. Usually up your way & Mt Carlton once a year. Awsome trails anywhere north of Miramichi.

Did you have Dale JR # 8 decals on your Polaris 900??? If so I might have met you at Gary's camp.

I am Napa dealer and sell Wix filters , the 1358 is good to use , we have used them on all our 4 strokes since 2003 , atv, marine, and sled !

1358 is 2.782 high
1365 is 2.577 high other than that , they are the same.

Both are proper interchange for yamaha atv / sled filter.

I was just going to chime in I wasnt buying it.....was going to ask who "they" were anyways...

with all dimensions the same ...Id trust a wix filter over a yam filter most anyday...sounds like somebody wasnt sure and want to cover some @ss...the mounting surface and threaded part on the sled would be different exactly how than another vehicle with the same surface and threaded part...uh its not? so unless the operating pressures were tremendously different ...it would have to be defective to fail

FYI, I pulled the filter without draining any oil or the starting the sled and it went pretty well. Didn't drain that much, mainly the filter oil and a little extra, so that is the way to do it. You don't have to drain the engine too.

We have more than 10 , 4 stroke yamaha sleds running on the 1358 wix , 2003 and newer , no issues !!

filter

why play around , i have heard of a lot of aftermarket filers leaking , so why take a chance on somthing you change once a year , just to save a couple of bucks

Yeah, Im definitely not worried about the oil filter. Just some things don't matter. You all know Yamaha doesn't make the filter right??? It probably is wix or some other Jap company making them. Its larger so it holds more oil. I put Napa/Wix filters on my 500hp boat and never had an issue with them.

My only problem is that I scratched the filter with the filter wrench when was snugging it up! The scratch always seems like a big deep scratch when the sled is put back together and you are sitting around thinking about it!

ray628 said:
Yeah, Im definitely not worried about the oil filter. Just some things don't matter. You all know Yamaha doesn't make the filter right??? It probably is wix or some other Jap company making them. Its larger so it holds more oil. I put Napa/Wix filters on my 500hp boat and never had an issue with them.

My only problem is that I scratched the filter with the filter wrench when was snugging it up! The scratch always seems like a big deep scratch when the sled is put back together and you are sitting around thinking about it!
U snug it with a wrench??? I just put some oil on the o ring and snug up by hand

Back