• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil filter ???? Looking for NAPA part number

DeerHuntr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Went to Napa tonite and they can't track down the correct filter for my Nytro, looking for the GOLD part number. I paid $19 for the Yamaha one and would love to return it if I can get a Napa GOLD for less ,

Thanks

They should carry the WIX 51365 that will fit your nytro, a bit bigger too! (Wix makes napa filter btw incase your curious)

tcona-AGT said:
I have napa1358 writen down here.

the napa number is the wix number minus the 5 , there are two filters offered by wix the 51358 (shorty) and the 51365 (the longer filter) other wise they are the same and both work.

err. search wix filter on this forum.
there is 2 filters, one IS NOT RECOMENDED for the nytro. the inside surface isnt right and can leak. i saw it on here somewhere.....

Groomer08 said:
err. search wix filter on this forum.
there is 2 filters, one IS NOT RECOMENDED for the nytro. the inside surface isnt right and can leak. i saw it on here somewhere.....

the one that was questioned was the shorty aka the 51358 but there are sled rental operations using this filter on over 10 yammi sleds with no porblems according to the thread. i'm too lazy to search for it but thats the jist of it.

Why run a cheap filter, just get a Yamaha one and call it a day.

SledFreak said:
Why run a cheap filter, just get a Yamaha one and call it a day.

wix filters are one of the best in the world, why pay over twice the price for the same thing?, the reason i went to 4 stroke was to save money not spending it on pretty yammie filters,

I went to my dealer in September and tried to get the stuff for my oil change and was told to come back in 5 weeks (to be sure) as they hadn't placed their winter order...I like changing my oil when it'warm so over to wal-mart to pick up oil and a quick stop at auto plus for a wix filter and I had my oil changed that day. Now don't get me wrong I like my dealer but IMHO there is no excuse for not have oil in stock. In those 5 weeks I bought saddle bags, a GYTR bumper, dumbo ears, ect ect...all bought online at big savings. I try to support my dealer but it is getting hard when the online deals are so good and the dealers never have anything in stock. My 2 Cents!!

upei93 said:
I went to my dealer in September and tried to get the stuff for my oil change and was told to come back in 5 weeks (to be sure) as they hadn't placed their winter order...I like changing my oil when it'warm so over to wal-mart to pick up oil and a quick stop at auto plus for a wix filter and I had my oil changed that day. Now don't get me wrong I like my dealer but IMHO there is no excuse for not have oil in stock. In those 5 weeks I bought saddle bags, a GYTR bumper, dumbo ears, ect ect...all bought online at big savings. I try to support my dealer but it is getting hard when the online deals are so good and the dealers never have anything in stock. My 2 Cents!!

I'd like to support my closest dealer more (Asseltine Country) but my local napa is 3 minutes away and the yammi dealer is 20 minutes, and if napa for some strange reason doesnt have what i need they can have it the same day by 1:30pm i like that sort of service! 5 weeks is insane!

The YAM oil filters are multi fit, meaning that they're used on many BIKES, he probably didn't have the proper OIL grade you needed at the time of the season, bikes run 20W-50 and you needed 0W-30, I had the same happen to me this summer, their winter bookings usually come in September.

Tell me if this is not crazy Yammi says you only have to change the oil filter once every 12,000 miles.(owners manual) Im switching to Royal Purple 0w-40 and am going to see if I can crooss the NAPA gold with a Royal Purple filter.

Once every 12,000 miles, that's longer than the sled will last. Oil and oil filters are cheap, yamaha engine parts are not. Do the math.

Back