• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil restrictor in turbo??

Sapling

Extreme
What size oil restrictor is everyone using?? What size gives the proper flow? I seached but could not come up with any of the threads that this was discussed in last year about using jets drilled out to a certain size.

Any links would be great.

Sap

in basic, .035 for ball bearing turbos, .060 for journal bearing turbos, in the feed line of course. most ss braided lines can be tapped for 5mm to accept std mikuni pilot jets, not sure what size equals what but drilling to recommended hole size works well

I put a set screw in the center section of the turbo housing with the .035 hole drilled in it. I believe it is a 4mm thd.

dave told me to use a 90 mikuni pilot jet in the oil line that you have. Just tap the oil line where it meets the tee down by the oil presssure sensor with 5mmx0.8 tap and screw it in there and that is about .035. I put one in mine.

Jim

zx670 said:
in basic, .035 for ball bearing turbos, .060 for journal bearing turbos, in the feed line of course. most ss braided lines can be tapped for 5mm to accept std mikuni pilot jets, not sure what size equals what but drilling to recommended hole size works well

Correct!

Guys will Ask How do I know if I have Ball Bearing or journal Bearing?

You must Check the Tag Riveted to the center section and check with a Garrett Dealer.
Look for a part number resembling (466541-5004 or -04)

And for those Turbo Kit companies that Purposly remove the Tags Because they think they have some big secret, you must call them and ask.

Most all the turbo kits I know of come with Garrett Ball Bearing turbos.

Ted.

Ted Jannetty said:
zx670 said:

Correct!

Guys will Ask How do I know if I have Ball Bearing or journal Bearing?

You must Check the Tag Riveted to the center section and check with a Garrett Dealer.
Look for a part number resembling (466541-5004 or -04)

And for those Turbo Kit companies that Purposly remove the Tags Because they think they have some big secret, you must call them and ask.

Most all the turbo kits I know of come with Garrett Ball Bearing turbos.

Ted.

as Ted said and in my opinion if they won,t tell you up front what turbo is in the kit, there not worth dealing with, I want to know what I have in my sled. its not that hard to measure and find out, so its really not a secret.

JIM said:
dave told me to use a 90 mikuni pilot jet in the oil line that you have. Just tap the oil line where it meets the tee down by the oil presssure sensor with 5mmx0.8 tap and screw it in there and that is about .035. I put one in mine.

Jim

I just finished tapping and installing 90 jet, had one laying around.
I see on your site Ted that you stock a fitting, that is much easier to do if I wasn,t in such a hurry I would have ordered one ;)! ;)!

SPEED said:
JIM said:

Jim

I just finished tapping and installing 90 jet, had one laying around.
I see on your site Ted that you stock a fitting, that is much easier to do if I wasn,t in such a hurry I would have ordered one ;)! ;)!

Thanks, Yes we have several different restrictors to fit most turbos.

Back