• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Tank Flange bolts

Tofast4u69

Hey guys I just serviced my chaincase, and I notices that my Oil Tank Flange actually has cracks. All three holes where the bolts mount, On the inside by exhaust. I have take pictures and will uploaded them. Looks like Factory has over torq them I'm guessing. Has anyone else seen this.

yup just had my chain case cover replaced due to cracked tabs. i only had maybe 2-3 not cracked.

subaru2006

upload_2014-12-22_14-24-26.jpeg

oh so your is the engine oil not chain case. either way these have to be torqued perfectly or they will crack. stupid design.

subaru2006

What is the the proper torque for the bolts ?

Per the operators manual page 17 it calls for 1.2 kg-m or 102 in-lbs. (8.75 ft-lbs.) the critical part or CAUTION is to clean out the holes well with compressed air and any material on the fasteners or damage to the chaincase can occur. My chain case cover was also just replaced because of a cracked tab, the replacement was under warranty.

Back