• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok guys, you're right about the RTX's rear suspension!!

sj said:
ROCKRTX said:
69redmach1 said:
I also noticed that the shocks would fade after about 5 miles of really hard riding. I honestly think that the GT can take the big hits better than the RTX.

The Rtx fade more because it's as no reservoir on the shock to cool the oil,that why i opted for Hygear suspension.there is a couple of reason for that i explain:some made there shock revalve whit a big boy spring,this is only a plaster it wont stop the real problem.The revalve is part of the solution but it create another problem,more restriction to the shock mean oil in the shock come hot faster and the shock will fade even faster,so you still have a bottoming problem.that why you need a reservoir on the shock.The big boy spring is only need if you are more than 230 cheeseburger,you can do the same whit the stock spring on the third c-clip and you will have hard ride,whit-out bottoming you will say but you will pogo-stick on your sled,that why Hygear put dual rate spring on there shock to keep the good ride of the mono whit-out bottoming.I have a RTX with HYgear shock and i cannot be more happy camper.

I'm sure it's not as nice as your HYGEAR setup with the res.....but...my PIONEER setup rides great and I pounded mine for many non groomed miles and it NEVER bottomed or faded....

I think you try argue on something you never try...but anyway.Member on this site send me pm and got the same set-up as you have and were unhappy because of the stiff ride and fade out problem,that why they was checking the HYgear set-up.Another thing that make a difference is the HI-LO compression damping on the reservoir,it's really make a difference,because the adjustment on the side of the mono affect 80% of the rebound and only 20% of the compression,so if you put the adjustment to max you will have more compression but too much rebound so in some situation the suspension don't come back fast enough to absorb the second bump...and on the third bump it will bottom-out.The HYgear set-up is far superior in my book because it's a fully adjustable shock for any riding style

first of all...how you get argued from this:

"I'm sure it's not as nice as your HYGEAR setup with the res.....but...my PIONEER setup rides great and I pounded mine for many non groomed miles and it NEVER bottomed or faded...."

I dont know????????

Also...I never said I had experienced the HYGEAR set up...merely my experience with a cheaper set up...like $150.00 !!!!...

second....

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE COMPARED TO THE OTHER GUY YOU MENTION...

I am not knocking anybody or anyone just pointing out my experience with respect due to hygear as I have not experienced them....I did judge that it was way more of an investment to get the res deal than I made into my PROGRESSIVE VALVE/REBUILD/NEW SPRING and assumed mine "was'nt as nice" cause of the money difference...

but for $150.00 it's a winner for me period!

sj said:
second....

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE COMPARED TO THE OTHER GUY YOU MENTION...

but for $150.00 it's a winner for me period!

Member that PM me have the pioneer set up, Pioneer set-up is Big boy spring with shock revalve,and guy that have this set-up have a hard ride and still fade out.so how can you say it's a good investment if it doesn't solve the problem.for me if it don't solve the problem it's like trow 150$ true the window!

I said you try argue because you keep pushing pioneer set-up and it's not that good set-up.

And second...are you working for pioneer???

nope...worked for me and my riding partners....I've never had a pioneer rebuild do what you say "some guy" said...

I'm speaking from first hand knowledge...you are speaking from supposedly what "some guy" said..

maybe youre the one working for HYGEAR???

Guys everyone has there opinion here.Please keep it clean.Hygear does excllent work.I have drove a sled this past weekend that hygear set up.The sled was increddiable compared to stock.They have my vote plus there a site sponser.

pro116 said:
Guys everyone has there opinion here.Please keep it clean.Hygear does excllent work.I have drove a sled this past weekend that hygear set up.The sled was increddiable compared to stock.They have my vote plus there a site sponser.

I can agree more...and i wont debate anymore on this subject,just want give member on this a part of my experience and knowledge.

I have the Pioneer setup in my 06 attak, I feel it is way to stiff, would not stroke like the stock. His setup helped a lot with the rebound. But it still bottomed out A LOT. Not as happy as I thought I would be. I am going to try Hygear next season. It will take me all summer to save enough money to pay for it!! It is way expensive.

Matt

it bottoms too easily and is too stiff and doesnt stroke...? did you do the bigger spring with the valve job?

mnmsnowbeast said:
Rex have you talked to russ at hygear yet,he seems to have been doing alot of testing on this skid more so than anyone else i have heard from,and i like his dule rate coil springs.

One thing that is getting confusing about this thread:

69redmach1's RTX is a 2007 RTX - just like mine. The 07 RTX does not have the monoshock rear suspension. Instead it uses the ProActive CK suspension that first came out in the 2006 Nytro (originally came out as the ProActive (no CK) in the 2005 Vector).

At least 1/2 the posts in this thread, suggesting suspension options for 69redmach1 are talking about monoshock suspensions.

Russ (or Ross??) at Hygear told me he has a very good handle on the monoshock suspension and from reading reviews here, everything sounds very positive about his monoshock setups.

For the 07 RTX, he told me that he hasn't been able to dial in the ProActive CK the way he wants to. One of the big problems he mentioned is the Yamaha heavy duty springs don't provide enough ride height (they actually lower sled compared to the stock springs - I agree with him as I tried them first hand and was not impressed at the low ride). He said that he should have some aftermarket springs available by late spring/summer and will continue to work on a complete solution (valving, springs, etc.) and hopefully have it ready next season.

Rex, thanks I'd kinda like to get straight on which suspension we were talking about too.

Polaris Edge camp experience, there is an accessory spring that is much stiffer than the stock spring available from Polaris. Most that tried it removed it soon afterward because it was TOO stiff. I just wanted to add that we then ended up messing with the front spring slide (roller) location (generally moving it back and up) using the standard spring. This gave us the ride height we needed, without the lumber truck ride associated with the heavy spring.

Also, been thinking about an aftermarket cam that might offer additional preload. That would do the same thing, right? Just haven't had the extra jingle to start buying them up, looking at the height of the tallest cam position to compare with stock, and haven't seen any sitting on shelves so I could get that dimension to compare with the stock cam. Anyone been down this road?

Either way, I agree, thinking the first step to getting the CK to work right is getting the initial sag/ride height up there.

Fortunately we usually have groomed trails around here, I don't ride junk trails very often so if I have to live with this suspension I can. I'm just surprised it's considered "rough trail extreme" when the "groomed trail" suspension is better in the "rough".

69redmach1 said:
Fortunately we usually have groomed trails around here, I don't ride junk trails very often so if I have to live with this suspension I can. I'm just surprised it's considered "rough trail extreme" when the "groomed trail" suspension is better in the "rough".

I can't keep you brothers names straight except for Lennstang. Pete? Anyway, the RTX first came with the mono skid in 06, and Yammie changed to the CK for 07 claiming it was more for rough trail. I debated buying the RTX, but stuck with the cheaper ER. I bought for motor performance anyway. To me, riding my Apex is comparable to a Edge, but I will give my traded in Fuse 6 the nod for better handling than the Apex.

The Fusion/IQ is definitely a better chassis...but there's too many other problems with it (reliability) so I'll stick with Yammi.

Back