• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok, this 03' RX1 rocks......I'm not kidding

Trxster

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I just wanted to throw this out there. Wasn't happy with my sled last year. Did the ECP, gutted muffler, MPI transfer and light weight stuff. Still didn't work well.

This year, put in the M7 153" with 162" track, taller bars pivoted forward, dropped gearing to 20/42 and put in 05' clutching with silver secondary @ 80'. The sled flat out rocks!!! I was riding this weekend and again today in 3-4' of powder and only got stuck boondocking a few times and that was my fault, not the sleds. It is absolutely a new sled. Just my $.02, thought I would pass it on.

Todd

Attachments

• IMG_1756a.jpg
    IMG_1756a.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 81

The older RX's work way better when you scrap the pro action skids and install an aftermarket or any other skid. Very happy with mt cat skid! The only thing i could not keep up with last year were the turboed sleds.

Hey shawn. This is plow boy. Chad said you are about done with your setup just some welding to do. Cant wait to see it on some snow.

TRXster, do you have the Holz M7 rear suspension gizmo that makes the M7 rear suspension stroke in a more vertical fashion vs. the stock horizontal track tightening fashion?

What track are you running?

Frosty

Trxster,

I have independent confirmation your sled is working well. MDD, aka "The Mayor",from the Snowest forum called me today to tell me how yesterdays Mt Baker ride went and he mentioned your RX1 went everywhere pretty good. This coming from MDD who is a 2-stroke fan is quite a compliment.

Have the blower ordered but wont be in for a while. Sittin here supervising your brother sealin up the air leaks I had on the turbo.

Tuco said:
Have the blower ordered but wont be in for a while. Sittin here supervising your brother sealin up the air leaks I had on the turbo.

Did you get the last apex that AV Yamaha was getting? Robert said Chad is going to have your old sled running mean this year.

Yup, the Mayor was witness to the power of the mighty RX1. He's a great guy and I had fun riding with him. I don't know how he rode after eating 14 pieces of bacon though.

I was being a bit melodramatic and was boasting about how my sled was rocking and then I got stuck. It really did do very well. Any problems I had were from my lack of experience, not the sled.

Yes, I put the Holz M7 brackets on. Worked well on the few bumps I felt and floated extremely well. The only problem I noticed was going down in to big bumps I felt a bit of vibration which was coming from the front of the rail being pushed in to the track. I noticed some wear on the front of the rail on the round end piece but it is at a very soft angle so I don't believe I will have to worry about sticking the track. I will probably loosen my front shock a bit and see if that helps.

Headed back up Friday and Saturday for more.

Rt

Back