• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 137” bottoming out nearly with no one on.

I’m sure you probably know this but these sleds collapse the rear end for some reason if the skis are on wheels. Makes it seem like there is no rear suspension at all.
I do have wheels but havent really been on them yet. Really looking like springs are fatigued to collapse as it does with really no weight on sled. Funny I read about this in all my research this past 6 months, and I spent time looking at mine and bouncing up and down on it while on flat cement floor and never thought Id experience this my first trip out..

I ordered the stronger springs today.
Question for everyone, how hard is it to change these out? Do i have to completely drop rear suspension? Wondering if I can do on my trailer while away as the springs will arrive the day before I leave on a trip and I’m working up to that time.
Thanks all.

The hardest part will be getting the wheel off the upper axle. They seem to stick on.
You may need a puller. I remove the wheel from the bearing and then tap the bearing off.
Bring some 120 grit to smooth the axles upon reinstallation.
Dont put the springs back on the front perches until after you rebolt the rear skid in, it will make lining them up easier.
I would not do it on the trailer if you have better options.

I have the wheel puller from Barn Of Parts, worth every penny of the $40. Takes me an hour to drop the rear of the skid and change springs. Can probably trim that time with practice and solid methods applied.

Received my new springs today. Someone going to change them for me when I’m away on my trip. They’ve done them before and I guess without a puller . Used to work at dealer. Will see.

I use an air hammer with a long flat bit. Get on the inside race of the bearing comes off quickly.

So, when the suspension arm makes contact with the coupler block, the suspension is not bottoming out. But it does couple at this point and gets stiffer which helps with ski lift and helps prevent bottoming. If the suspension arm is touching the block with no one on it, then something seems off. But if it’s close or touching with someone on the sled, that’s normal. In your photo the block is not touching. Is the sled lifted in the back in this photo or is it sitting flat with no one on it? It looks normal in the photo.

Any final results?

It definitely helped hold the sled up. Even with two people on it I didn’t have any more issues of the extreme rear sag ( which I originally described as feeling like bottoming out which was not completely accurate)
When riding Solo, it’s now a bit stiffer on the bumpier trails. It’s kind of a give/take situation. I have read somewhere you can use heavier spring on one side and seeker one on the opposite side but honestly don’t know if that’s a good idea or bad one.

I run different size springs on my sleds. When the suspension is bolted in the torsion springs now become one. It's the total weight of both springs combined. Also you can have the adjuster cams on different settings, again it's total weight of preload on your torsion springs.

I run different size springs on my sleds. When the suspension is bolted in the torsion springs now become one. It's the total weight of both springs combined. Also you can have the adjuster cams on different settings, again it's total weight of preload on your torsion springs.
Interesting. Thank you for explaining this. I guess it’s not like it’s an independent rear suspension eh so makes sense.

Back