• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Old Linkage -vs- Updated linkage pics

Unless the pricing is outrageous or you hate their service, I come down in favor of patronizing your local dealer, since they are the ones making the physical investments in showrooms, common parts inventory, service techs, etc. If that isn't the case, I've had great experiences with Port Yamaha in Port Washington, WI. Their parts dept. is very knowledgeable and have always been willing to chat and share their ideas and thoughts from years of experience.

I have dealt with powersports 1 on two occasions and both were great. they are also local to you. I have dealt with port on a few things and they too were great. I have all my service work done at Team Motorsports Green Bay I had terrible service work done at my local Yamaha dealer and took the rework to team motorsports and they have always done a great job ever since as well. So no reason to change that.

Im sending in a "good" front arm, bell crank, and link from the 07 to schmidt brothers soon. Anyone have experience with their "beef-up" kit? The guy over the phone was very knowledgeable and promised i wouldnt be able to break their setup on a saturday afternoon in tug hill.

Im sending in a "good" front arm, bell crank, and link from the 07 to schmidt brothers soon. Anyone have experience with their "beef-up" kit? The guy over the phone was very knowledgeable and promised i wouldnt be able to break their setup on a saturday afternoon in tug hill.
I’ve heard good things from Schmidt bros. I just went with all 2011 Yamaha parts, my use of the word unacceptable got me a $250 credit from Yamaha.

I’ve heard good things from Schmidt bros. I just went with all 2011 Yamaha parts, my use of the word unacceptable got me a $250 credit from Yamaha.
I can dig up the parts receipt if anyone wants it

Was going to upgrade to all 08 parts, but then schmidt brothers talked me out of it. A fraction of the cost to beef up the 07 assembly and apparently it's very strong

Was going to upgrade to all 08 parts, but then schmidt brothers talked me out of it. A fraction of the cost to beef up the 07 assembly and apparently it's very strong
When my original broke I welded the heck out of it and it held up fine till the updated parts came in. I don't doubt the kit will work. Doesn't it capture the link? If you look at a Nytro that's what Yamaha did to them.

Back