• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Old School-vs-New

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
I think you all know how frustrating working through the Phazer issues has been for me as well as others.Well today I fired up my SRX.Now dont get me wrong nothing beats going down the river at well over a 100mph but DANG!Getting to the river just stunk compared to my Phazer.Its about a 3mi ditch run to river and it is night and day difference.What a tank the SRX is!No wonder I barely rode it last year.What a wake up.I realize now what fun is all about and Phazer has SRX beat hands down.Just telling you all so you dont give up.Get them fixed and go have a blast.If you ever get a chance trade with someone with a old school sled and then let us know here what you think.

Attachments

• SRX and Phazer.jpg
    SRX and Phazer.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 85

old school? ha... If you want to go old school you should try a run like that on my old srv and my vmax isn't much better, what a tank that thing is.

Your right thou... whipping the phazer around is so much more fun compared to some of the older sleds!

Attachments

• srv left view.jpg
    srv left view.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 64
Ya i know the other day I rode the bravo my family owns and it was realy slow and had like no power. If you really think about it its a really big difference. Not just the weight and power, but how it rides. Its so easy to move around on, awsome to boondock, and so easy to control. The bravo seemed so 2 days ago compared to the phazer. Im glad I switched! :4STroke: :yam:

To be fair though, the SRX definetly has the Phazer beat in terms of top speed.
I agree with everything else that was said. The Phazer is an amazing sled. Granted, it has some issues, but it seems like compared to the issues some of the other manufacturers are having, Yamaha's issues are pretty minimal.
To be honest, Id love to even have what you guys refer to as your, "beater" sleds (even cdsgraphic's old SRV). Old or new, from where Im sitting now, just about any Yamaha would be a step up from what Im on now.

Low slung seat with your knee's above your waist and your butt over the rear axle is not a comfortable seating position even if the trail is smooth.
Phazers ROCK. :Rockon:

Attachments

• gm07-1.JPG
    gm07-1.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 116
cdsgraphic said:
old school? ha... If you want to go old school you should try a run like that on my old srv and my vmax isn't much better, what a tank that thing is.

Your right thou... whipping the phazer around is so much more fun compared to some of the older sleds!

Wow your SRV is clean!I hear you.Out of Highschool I would have given my girlfriend away for a SRV.Buddy had one.Back then it was awesome.Could tell a story about a jumping contest and the struts sticking through the hood though!My SRX will never be sold.Fully intend to restore it and just use it on the rivers where there arent any bumps.

You should go from a Phazer to a John Deere Trailfire 440 sometime if you want a reality check.
Man how did the oldtimers ride that stuff. I like to tease my buddy that he has a steam powered snowmobile. or a sledasauris rex.

Later,
Will

Superman said:
Low slung seat with your knee's above your waist and your butt over the rear axle is not a comfortable seating position even if the trail is smooth.
Phazers ROCK. :Rockon:
I agree that Phazers rock, but lets not sell the SRX short here. In terms out outright speed, it is still one of the fastest production snowmobiles ever made.
Is it a big bump sled? Nope, it was never designed to be. Id bet some bar risers and a Boss seat would do wonders in making an SRX better in the bumps though (along with a long-travel suspension kit).

Mine has bar risers,SXR rear suspension and Ohlins fronts.I love the SRX but it is not even close in suspension or feel to the Phazer.Now on river or smooth twisties it would be my choice kicked butt at local drags last year also.But thats only a small portion of riding.Ride them both you will know what I mean.

Im not saying the SRX is better in the bumps than the Phazer, I just dont like the attitude that now that Yamaha has switched to 4-strokes that any 2-stroke sled is junk.
I love the Phazer too (as Ive said, I really kick myself for buying the YZ 250F instead of the Phazer FX), but the SRX always was and always will be a great sled.
I just think the SRX deserves a little bit more respect than you guys are giving it.
Id do see where you are coming from though. The rider-foreward ergos, centralized mass and suspension of the Phazer do make it better in the bumps. I wont argue with that. :Rockon:

Its a very special machine.I respect it for what it is and wont ever sell it.But I sure am glad I have the Phazer.

Back