• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ON-Board Fuel Adjustment

iasledder

Expert
I know this topic has been discussed before. I am looking for exact details on how this is entered and changed. I am pig rich below 6000 rpm; if this can be leaned and it leans top end as well, should not be a problem. I am also looking at A Hauck Fuel Accelerator now that the price has dropped to $200. My concern on this is setting top end too lean and having a burn down. Input on both scenarios would be appreciated.

iasledder said:
I know this topic has been discussed before. I am looking for exact details on how this is entered and changed. I am pig rich below 6000 rpm; if this can be leaned and it leans top end as well, should not be a problem. I am also looking at A Hauck Fuel Accelerator now that the price has dropped to $200. My concern on this is setting top end too lean and having a burn down. Input on both scenarios would be appreciated.
Ask them tp prove to you there fuel controler actuly leans out fuel,i had there fuel controler on w/there pipe last year and all it did was to add fuel in 4 pots no where did it show you how to set it lean,and it was not lean,it was so fat i lost 2 mph with his get r done kit,with key to boot,i was not a happy camper,so do us all a favor and ask him if they sell two different types of there box for the apex/attak..

Thanks for the reply. About decided to shy away from the Hauck. I know there is some adjustment built into the Apex. That's the way I would like to try. If no info comes back on 'How To', will ask dealer when it goes in for service.

iasledder said:
Thanks for the reply. About decided to shy away from the Hauck. I know there is some adjustment built into the Apex. That's the way I would like to try. If no info comes back on 'How To', will ask dealer when it goes in for service.
PM allen ulmer and ask him about tuning the stock computer onboard,he told me you can play around with it a little,at least on low end.

Reply from Hauck: "The accelerator only adds fuel from the stock settings, it doesn't lean it out. Are you sure that it is running rich on bottom? These 4 strokes are a lot different than the old 2 strokes."

Your kidding!

These 4 strokes are a lot different than the old 2 strokes
."

This is true. The bog you may be getting could very well be a lean spot not a rich one. I believe that they are right. I have a Hauck unit that I have not even used yet. I have it set on stock setting right now and will adjust and report back with real world results. The sled ran good stock and I modified the airbox so I am not worried that I will need to lean it out from stock. If I get a bog it will be from a lean condition from the opened air box.

I had this with my CRF450 four stroke bike. I modded the exhaust and airbox and when I got on it to test it it felt horrible. Had a rich feel to it but I knew better. I fattened everything up and once I got it tuned it was night and day. I am a firm believer that a mod that is not properly tuned can be worse than stock.
My buddy had a flat spot off idle last year on his GT and I am sure that it was a lean spot. The guy I bought my Hauck controller from had it on his Attack and said that the controller and the exhaust flat out rocked. He sold it for a SC. Time will tell.

RTX Meirda said:
blackGt said:
RTX Meirda what type of wideband did you purchase?

I bought an NGK unit after seeing the video that 87GTNOS posted of his.

hehe...my teaser video...

Shows the NGK wideband gauge in action!! I'd show pics of the O2 mounting, but everything else is secret for now!!
http://media.putfile.com/Apex-Teaser

Back