• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

One more broken W arm for the pile!! UPDATE-NOT HAPPY

One question - WHAT THE HELL DID YOU HIT? :die I've been riding for 35 years and I have never broken a suspension, other than the occasional spring in the old days. Is this from hard use or is it from normal riding on groomed trails? I've looked at my Apex ER suspension and it still looks brand new. Just wondering. Wig

wigman1 said:
One question - WHAT THE HELL DID YOU HIT? :die I've been riding for 35 years and I have never broken a suspension, other than the occasional spring in the old days. Is this from hard use or is it from normal riding on groomed trails? I've looked at my Apex ER suspension and it still looks brand new. Just wondering. Wig

I see you're from Albany, so do you ever ride Tug Hill on the weekends?
Like it's green/white/checkers, and you're leading?LOL.
I've broken plenty of doo suspensions, so I don't feel to bad when the occasional Yammyarm cracks.
Forget about the 'old' days...my skiroule slides used to break in half regularly, if you could keep the Sachs 440 running... :jump:

Yep, I've been to the Hill. Now I understand what happened. Don't go there very often, I treasure my life and health!! :-o I usually hang out in Old Forge out to Boonville and in Warren County - they have some of the nicest and best maintained trails in the state - the South Warren snowmobile club does a superb job of taking care of their trails. You ought to try it - save yourself some money and a lot of grief arguing with the Yammi reps! Let us know how you make out with the dealer. :die Wig

Glad to see your dealer is taking care of you. I am currently shopping for a new dealer as I had to fire mine for not getting the job done and not caring or listening to me. Wish yours was closer to me.

I also noticed hairline cracks on the rails up by the rear-mount of the pivot arm....hmmnn. Sounds like a repeated failure to me. Mine is a couple of good moguls away from looking like yours.

BTW- my dealer's official response to the cracked pivot arm as printed on my invoice: "Unable to find any cracks on pivot arm." !! This was after I actually showed them to one of his service flunkies. His response was that HE didn't see them. But he didn't want to talk about it because even if the cracks existed, there was nothing he could do to get the warranty to cover it. I'm done with them.

hionspeed said:
Glad to see your dealer is taking care of you. I am currently shopping for a new dealer as I had to fire mine for not getting the job done and not caring or listening to me. Wish yours was closer to me.

I also noticed hairline cracks on the rails up by the rear-mount of the pivot arm....hmmnn. Sounds like a repeated failure to me. Mine is a couple of good moguls away from looking like yours.

BTW- my dealer's official response to the cracked pivot arm as printed on my invoice: "Unable to find any cracks on pivot arm." !! This was after I actually showed them to one of his service flunkies. His response was that HE didn't see them. But he didn't want to talk about it because even if the cracks existed, there was nothing he could do to get the warranty to cover it. I'm done with them.

I have broke 2 w-arm each season, i have the CK skid...
there garbage... this last time.. i had to ride it home 100+ kms...
broke the rail, broke the shock, and of course the W-arm....

they have all been warranty... thankfully my dealership has been nothing short of amazing. but i am worried my warranty is up the october.

unfortunatley i just had the shock done with multiple valve stack for comp/rebound and it was tuned in perfectly. that apex was setup.
but alas i have a new stock shock again.

but that point only i can whine about. not the warranty/yamaha or my dealership's fault. they replaced the shock with a new one. but that it.

anyhow.
next one will be handed to my engineering friend to cad draw and make me a better than stock W-arm.

cheers
Warts

Wartsnuff - you're being bull headed. Swap the skid out with somethng that will take it so you can enjoy the sled for what it is rather than wondering when it's going to break again. You'll be WAY ahead for it.
BTW - Any shock guy should be able to transfer that valve stack onto the new shock at an absolute minimum cost! -Al

New twist to what I thought was going to be warrantied.....

New twist to the story........apparently the dealer never ran this through Yamaha warranty department. I never heard back from the dealer since I dropped the sled off in the beginning of March, and was told they are just waiting on parts (specifically one of the side heat exchangers). Apprently, from what I heard, Yamaha is not going to cover the entirety of the repair (which I am assuming after parts and labor will be about $2,200 or so. $1,500 in parts alone), REGARDLESS that I have a 5 year YES warranty, REGARDLESS that this is obviously a widespread issue as many other have broke the exact same part, REGARDLESS that Yamaha recognized the weak point that was breaking (the front pivot arm)and the Mono suspension now comes with a heavier gauge, beefed up W arm (front pivot arm). So I am waiting to hear back from my dealer to see what yamaha is going to do for me.

Has anybody actually gotten 100% of the damage related to the front pivot arm (W arm) breaking covered under warranty? Mine happens to be catastrohic failure that was a domino effect of things going bad, all starting with the W arm cracking. Of those that did get it covered, is there anybody that did not have to kick and scream to try and get it covered?

--Steve (O.C.)

Maxout01 said:
I'm curious how did this ever turn out?

Im wondering the same thing. I know the YES warranty on my rhino has woked out ok so far but most of the yamaha atv croud says "NO" to the YES. They all say the dealers will do anything to get out of covering repairs and they will almost always blame it on driver abuse, oversized tires, etc... etc... I have never gotten the YES on a sled but was considering it on my next new sled....

Re: New twist to what I thought was going to be warrantied..

NY AttakGT said:
New twist to the story........apparently the dealer never ran this through Yamaha warranty department. I never heard back from the dealer since I dropped the sled off in the beginning of March, and was told they are just waiting on parts (specifically one of the side heat exchangers). Apprently, from what I heard, Yamaha is not going to cover the entirety of the repair (which I am assuming after parts and labor will be about $2,200 or so. $1,500 in parts alone), REGARDLESS that I have a 5 year YES warranty, REGARDLESS that this is obviously a widespread issue as many other have broke the exact same part, REGARDLESS that Yamaha recognized the weak point that was breaking (the front pivot arm)and the Mono suspension now comes with a heavier gauge, beefed up W arm (front pivot arm). So I am waiting to hear back from my dealer to see what yamaha is going to do for me.

Has anybody actually gotten 100% of the damage related to the front pivot arm (W arm) breaking covered under warranty? Mine happens to be catastrohic failure that was a domino effect of things going bad, all starting with the W arm cracking. Of those that did get it covered, is there anybody that did not have to kick and scream to try and get it covered?

--Steve (O.C.)

My father had his break on his 07 attak GT. It took a huge gash out of the track in doing so and the dealer replaced the arm and the track all under Y.E.S. warranty. These warranties are only as good as the dealer you are dealing with.

Thanks for the interest. EVERYTHING (save the track, which was not that bad so it stayed on the sled) was covered under Y.E.S. Front Pivot Arm, both rails, both side heat exchangers, and all labor and hardware...so it did work out in the end..after kicking, screaming, and a few well planned out tears (haha, not really).....but they made good on it and restored alittle bit of confidence.

After that, the control rod went (seperated and dropped into track and bent). Maybe dealer didnt tighten properly. And the servo for the Ohlins EC shock were replaced...all under warranty.

So for those with warranty issues, it DOES have alot to with having a good dealer, sometimes it is beyond the dealer though....sometimes it is about not taking "NO" for an answer and going toe-to-toe. But know what you are talking about when you plan on running your warranty issue up the Yamaha ladder. Saying you "paid alot of money for your sled and extended warranty" probably wont cut it, in my opinion.

--Steve (O.C.)

NY AttakGT said:
Thanks for the interest. EVERYTHING (save the track, which was not that bad so it stayed on the sled) was covered under Y.E.S. Front Pivot Arm, both rails, both side heat exchangers, and all labor and hardware...so it did work out in the end..after kicking, screaming, and a few well planned out tears (haha, not really).....but they made good on it and restored alittle bit of confidence.

After that, the control rod went (seperated and dropped into track and bent). Maybe dealer didnt tighten properly. And the servo for the Ohlins EC shock were replaced...all under warranty.

So for those with warranty issues, it DOES have alot to with having a good dealer, sometimes it is beyond the dealer though....sometimes it is about not taking "NO" for an answer and going toe-to-toe. But know what you are talking about when you plan on running your warranty issue up the Yamaha ladder. Saying you "paid alot of money for your sled and extended warranty" probably wont cut it, in my opinion.

--Steve (O.C.)

good to hear. I'm in ny too, what dealer did you use?

Maxout01 said:
NY AttakGT said:

--Steve (O.C.)

good to hear. I'm in ny too, what dealer did you use?

Me too, I've been using D&D and they have treated me well so far on the warranty. My rhino is there right now getting the front diff looked at under warranty.

The Monoshock is notorius at breaking, sad but true.

I have seen a lot of that around.

I recommend a AD Boivin ZX-2 as a replacement, they will hold up without breaking. It's made from composite plastics and cannot crack, not for the next decade at least.

Back