• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

One more thought....

Turboflash - where did you get the hanger to hold up the Dura-Flex cable? Thoses are nice. Does Dura-Flex sell those. I hacked my hanger
I prefer skid-mounted to keep flying debris behind saddle/windshield areas. Really like Dura-Flex cable style mounted just behind the front outside wheels. Tips are replaceable. They dig up so much that most of the time I only one down. I bought the little rail-mounted hangar to store them.
s-l500.jpg

Wow....I just ordered yesterday. Hopefully I can manage to get them installed b4 the cyclone gets here. Brrrrr....
Screenshot_20221222-055145_copy_360x276.png

Doesn’t matter JT, you sure won’t need em in the good snow anyway.

Doesn’t matter JT, you sure won’t need em in the good snow anyway.
That's all I ride in! I was on a 3-day trip last year, conditions the same all three days. Overheated on the third day. Do you think it's possible my heat exchangers were encased in ice and they could not dissipate the heat?
Just asking.... Joe

I would say possible. RX1s would do this on the trail. Temp would climb until the chunk came out and then immediately temps dropped to normal

That's all I ride in! I was on a 3-day trip last year, conditions the same all three days. Overheated on the third day. Do you think it's possible my heat exchangers were encased in ice and they could not dissipate the heat?
Just asking.... Joe
Our winder never overheat, unless we are riding on crap snow dry roads

Our winder never overheat, unless we are riding on crap snow dry roads
Tom, that's why I thought it was odd?!?! And to be honest I just want to be able to have a solution for the next time it happens.
Went into limp mode on day 3 and couldn't get it to snap out of it.

I would say possible. RX1s would do this on the trail. Temp would climb until the chunk came out and then immediately temps dropped to normal
I'll be heading up soon enough. going to bring a rubber mallet and small chisel.
Ice was caked in there.

I went through darn near almost all I've scratchers and ended up with duraflex on my tcat.

Carbide end is very durable.
I tried

The slp ones with the woodies tips, first trip the ends come off and hit the rails smacking them all up
The ibex ones I couldn't get the holes to line up with confidence
Doo I wasn't confident with due to it mounting to the skid bolt hole.

duraflex, just remember to secure them before putting sled onto the truck bed with a ramp...take my word for that, the scratchers will rip off on the ramp

Back