• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinions on a new track for an 03 RX1

RX1Jim

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I will be replacing my stock track on my 03 RX1. I am looking at installing a fully clipped predator track or a fully clipped ripsaw or a fully clipped ice ripper. Anybody have experience with these three tracks? 100% of my riding is on groomed trails. I am leaning towards the fully clipped predator track, heard lots of good reports on it, sounds like a very durable track with good traction on groomed harpack. Thanks!!

i like the ripsaw myself. i ride mainly groomed trails with a bit of powder mainly on lakes/swamps. if you run studs i would go predator with them or an ice ripper straight up. i do not run studs at all and find the ripsaw very good for my type of rideing.

I love the fully clipped predator holds up great to 144 studs with the nitrous, 1800 miles and looks new. Also hooks up like mad in powder and even better on hardpack. I had the ripsaw and hated it, mainly because I had a earlier version and it howled and was louder then the sled! Traction was better in every situation with the predator. CBperformance killed everyone on price for it if your looking for a good deal.

I ride 85% groomed trail and 15% ditches

I'd probably take the Predator over the ripsaw, though I've had no issues with my ripsaw, I've ridden a similar sled with the Predator and it hooked up noticeably better all-around.

Ice ripper is great for the occasional icy/bare corner or bare ice lake crossings, otherwise it runs just like a ripsaw.

I've heard lots of good things about the Cobra as well.

I put on the ripsay 1 1/4 and like it , studded and it has held up so far

Thanks for the info.. I have heard a lot of praise for the fully clipped predator. I'm going to order one this week.

Back