• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

opinions on the 07 phazers.

snowrdr

Veteran
what are the issues and updates as well as your opinions on the 07 phazers. just looking for some input. thanks.

We bought a leftover new 07 FX and love it, all recalls done, added fan, this is the most fun sled to ride in the stable.... wish it had a little more power, but im spoiled with the attak and nytro xtx to ride too!!!

Its FUN FUN FUN FUN

I love it .. a bit of a harsher ride than I expected.. put about 3000 kms on it this season ( first season for me on it) - revalved he rear shocks (they are harsh) - It has a ton of potential - a buddy was so mad that a 500 beat him in the twisties he sold his sled next day NO JOKE.. ( F7 Firecat) -

it needs some playing with but has a ton of potential.

Mine has new clutcth weights Schmidt Bros Motorsports, and a pipe huge difference ...

gonna have to try new skis on it - its not a 'railer' bit nervous in corners and a lot of body roll and transfer,

snowrdr said:
what are the issues and updates as well as your opinions on the 07 phazers. just looking for some input. thanks.

Be sure to check the front end for worn ball joints and A-arm bushings. And the reverse engagement is an issue that has not been fixed.

All the best,

I just sold my 07 FX. Very underpowered on top-end. 80hp should be at least 100-120HP. Reverse is a pain - had to rock the sled for it to engage. Not a big deal unless your on the trailer.

BombaPolaYama said:
snowrdr said:

Be sure to check the front end for worn ball joints and A-arm bushings. And the reverse engagement is an issue that has not been fixed.
All the best,
Have you tried the new, updated belt? It cured the problem on the 4 of them we have.

salestim said:
I just sold my 07 FX. Very underpowered on top-end. 80hp should be at least 100-120HP.
Sounds like you bought the wrong sled. It was marketed as a 80hp sled and Yamaha has the Vector series that has 120 hp. It is kind of like buying a Ford Focus and saying it should have had the engine from the Mustang.

Kingsandman said:
BombaPolaYama said:
snowrdr said:

All the best,
Have you tried the new, updated belt? It cured the problem on the 4 of them we have.

Yeah, but it didn't help my VL any - I got new belts but the same old problem. Too bad - glad yours is fixed though.

Thanks for asking

BombaPolaYama said:
Kingsandman said:
BombaPolaYama said:
snowrdr said:

All the best,

Yeah, but it didn't help my VL any - I got new belts but the same old problem. Too bad - glad yours is fixed though.

Thanks for asking
That's too bad. I've heard of a few guys backing their chain tension off, just slightly, and getting good results that way. Might be worth trying.

Back