• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OSP vs MBRP Exhaust?

Mods

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper LTX
Right now I'm stuck between these two systems, MBRP and OSP. Has anyone had any experience with either of these or possibly both? I'm primarily a trail rider.

Thanks!

Right now I'm stuck between these two systems, MBRP and OSP. Has anyone had any experience with either of these or possibly both? I'm primarily a trail rider.

Thanks!
something wrong with your stock one???

something wrong with your stock one???
Yeah......it weighs an absolute ton and completely blocks access to the chaincase.........besides that some guys, like me perhaps, like a deeper, throatier sound......you will notice I did NOT say louder (especially Harley Hog loud)..........it is however 2 to 3 db louder, which is virtually nothing..........

I have the MBRP and am really satisfied with it so far but too few rides to have a genuine opinion about what it might add performance wise........I'll leave that to others.

Edit: Besides, you ride an Apex which has a snarly sound to it stock........the stock Vipers sound somewhat akin to a bumblebee trapped in a Mason jar...........

How's the Mbrp holding up with regards to the mild steel. Rusting yet??
That's the only thing holding me back from their can.

I went with the MBRP trail can only due to the near stock noise level and price. It seems to be good for the price

I would bet the OSP muffler will perform better if you don't mind the noise.

I may pick up another muffler to compare against the mbrp this year. I noticed Sandale just released one also.

Loud exhaust such as the OSP doesn't always = more power. Talking to Allen Ulmer and what he has tested there all about the same. My MBRP sounds and looks great.

Not to Highjack the thread, I would put Excell's Silencer up with anything listed here. Much deeper sound, nothing too obnoxious however. I had the Excell header and silencer on my Nytro and its a bit different, but in my opinion less noticeable. It is typical Excell Quality, he did not miss anything on this and has been working on a quality product since he first received a Viper. Very happy with it and would highly recommend it as its quality is exceptional.

Attachments

• 2014121695111110.jpg
    2014121695111110.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 583
Loud exhaust such as the OSP doesn't always = more power. Talking to Allen Ulmer and what he has tested there all about the same. My MBRP sounds and looks great.
True, but typically a lot of the quieter mufflers do put out less power. The mbrp trail can for example on MBRP's own dyno sheets. Same for other mufflers on other 4-stroke sleds. I used the trail can anyway because I've got to keep this sled quiet. I don't mind sacrificing some hp for less noise ....in this case anyway...

Back