• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Over-boosting MCX 190 Viper sea level!!!

Tunepipe

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
VkPro, Venture TF, Phazer, Snoscoot 200...Sidewinder, Excell III
Hello everyone, like the subject says, installed MCX 190 on a 2015 Viper, 1000kms on unit, boost pushes over 8 PSI, anyone getting the same issue ??? Anybody here running an MCX 190 at sea level ??? Played a bit with wastegate rod <lenghtened> but still too high boost...help.

Where is your boost gauge sencor/reference point it will read high if not on the engine side of the throttle plates. It could also be the altitude bypass compensater located on the turbo with the 2 wire plug

Boost gauge is connected with a T fitting to the intake manifold. As for the 2 wire altitude compensator is there any way to test this ??? We have 3 kits on the go and all are over-boosting, and now 1 of them blew up. So I'm sure my boost readings are pretty accurate (too high). Thx

The compensater bleeds pressure off that the waste gate sees so if you put a hose straight from the compressor housing to the wastgate you would be at the lowest opening pressure the wastegate would allow. Or just take the two hoses off the compensater and connect them together

Yes...I read about connecting both hoses and this should drop boost , will try this tomorrow. But is there another solution you think ? Or should I use this "bandaid" fix ? Thx for you input. I'll fill you in tomorrow night on my testing.

Mine is right on 15.5lbs at 1000 ft. 15lbs at sea and they rough at .5lbs per 1000 ft

bypassed solenoid directly, still too much boost, MCX canada will change the map, sent out boxes for re-map, praying this works.

With the solenoid bypassed the only thing that controls the boost level is the wastegate. Mabey they have 8lb wastegate installed instead of a 6lb

Hello everyone, like the subject says, installed MCX 190 on a 2015 Viper, 1000kms on unit, boost pushes over 8 PSI, anyone getting the same issue ??? Anybody here running an MCX 190 at sea level ??? Played a bit with wastegate rod <lenghtened> but still too high boost...help.
hi I would like to no how you made out with this over boost I have mcx kit on order not sure I want to fight with that as soon as I install thanks

Sure will john ca 99

Nope. Manually checking it opens at 4psi. But still over-boosting.

Not sure. Waiting for re-program from mcx-canada. Will do more testing then. Will let you know ASAP

Back