• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Over-boosting MCX 190 Viper sea level!!!

after re-programming and some "cheating" we've had to lenghten the rod to lower boost on two sleds now. My recommendation when installing this kit is to loosen the wastegate all the way out before trying unit at sea level. If you leave the wastegate at factory setting YOU WILL OVERBOOST!! After learning the hard way now i have 4 kits running really well and in the process of installing a 5th one.

sorry only running boost gauge no afr, this info is for sea level only, no experience at altitude. boosting at 5 psi is perfectly safe, creeping to 5 1/2 -6 psi at wot for a mile or so is tolerable but borderline with this kit. keep it at 5-5 1/2 psi and you wont have any issues.

I'm running my stage 1 mpi kit at 4.5-5 pounds, granted the gems controller is different than others, but I have my gems maxed out to run 10.8-11 afr on longer wot runs. I'm sure some say that's too rich, but why risk blowing an engine. Stock fuel pump and stock injectors. What's everyone else able to boost to before afr's run lean?

i got the hurricane. it comes with larger injectors. i see 6 on the boost gauge at WOT. gauge does not show tenths. so i assume it rounds up at 5.5 or higher. my afr is always below 10.8.

i got the hurricane. it comes with larger injectors. i see 6 on the boost gauge at WOT. gauge does not show tenths. so i assume it rounds up at 5.5 or higher. my afr is always below 10.8.

At cruising speeds I'm at 11.5-12 with boost gauge reading 0. At wot mine is 10.8-11, but I don't want to run over that. My boost gauge doesn't read 10ths, but mine shows 4-5, so if it's over 5 at all it's very minimal.

sounds perfect. as long as its under 11.2 at wot i think its fine.

I need bigger injectors! Engine is setup better now, less compression and head studs, but stock fueling seems to be maxed out at 5 pounds. Been riding in cold weather too so that may make a difference. It was a high of zero today so we'll see what warmer weather brings

I have the Hurricane as well. I see 6 and 7 on the boost gauge. AFR is always 10.7-10.8.

I was hoping to lean it out some since its using way more fuel than it did pre-turbo. (MPG's are down 25% or better).

Dave and others on here are saying to stay with 11:1 but friends are telling me this is way rich and I should go to 11.5.

I'd give up some of the boost if I can get back some of my MPG's.

Any advise?

I,m running 5.5lbs at 2000ft with 11.4-11.6 AFR WOT.

I have the Hurricane as well. I see 6 and 7 on the boost gauge. AFR is always 10.7-10.8.

I was hoping to lean it out some since its using way more fuel than it did pre-turbo. (MPG's are down 25% or better).

Dave and others on here are saying to stay with 11:1 but friends are telling me this is way rich and I should go to 11.5.

I'd give up some of the boost if I can get back some of my MPG's.

Any advise?

6-7 PSI, did you change something with your kit? I thought Dave setup up these kits for 6PSI max

Back