• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Paint flake on tunnel

Blue Leader

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper LTX SE
the white paint started to flake off my tunnel with less than 1000miles on it. Has anyone else had this happen? It is continuing to get worse as time goes by. Took in for warranty, Yamaha wants to just use touch paint to fix, however it's an adhering problem. All the touch paint in the world won't stop paint from flaking off. What have your dealers told you?

Tunnel is fine so far but rails are starting to peel. Haven't they heard of power coat at Arctic Cat yet.

They are powdercoated I did the plant tour while the 2014 vipers were made. Although when I was there the Cat rep said that Yamaha had issues with the paint process and was rejecting parts after they were painted. Rep stated that they had to make changes to the paint process because Yamaha did not like the initial paint quality as it was subpar. So it could be worse lol.

my white and blue 15 se is doing the same. around almost all rivet heads on tunnel sides and along the back of the tunnel just above the snow flap. I'm going to make a call to Yamaha to see what they say. they dealer is most likely just going to try to broom it. so far little fit and finish things I'm not too happy with for the price of the sled.

Back