• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Panel Fitment

Joshua

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE 50TH
I have received my 18 BTX however I have noticed the clutch side panel don't fit that well. What do you guys think?

Trying to upload a picture of it but keeps saying file to big

Both of mine fit. My clutch side Zeus fastener can be a bear at times.
If it bothers you. Talk to your dealer. Right?

Don't know where it doesn't fit right, but make sure that you engage the tab that's on the clutch panel to the knee panel. If not, this will cause misalignment.

If you really look at it vs the right side it's true. 2017's were same. Unfortunately I think you got what you got. We're all In the same boat as far as cat type fit and finish vs Japan units. But yep that's one of the first things I noticed with mine last year.

20171111_185813.jpg
20171111_185759.jpg

First picture is the turbo side, second is clutch side. Is this normal?

If you really look at it vs the right side it's true. 2017's were same. Unfortunately I think you got what you got. We're all In the same boat as far as cat type fit and finish vs Japan units. But yep that's one of the first things I noticed with mine last year.
I disagree completely. I owned an Apex and a 2008 Nytro and the panels on both were much worse when taking them apart and putting back together. I think the Sidewinder panels fit great and are such a pleasure to take apart and put together. I know many here like to take shots at Cat but in this case it's unwarranted. Rockerdan said he made some adjustments on his panels by loosening up some screws and and moving them around but he has a bad case of OCD. I just checked my panels today and they fit fine.

Too me it seems like the panel is being pushed out by the air box

Take the side panel off. Then there are a pair of torx screws holding the upper panel on. Loosen them (t30 I believe) and you should be able to move panel a bit to get it where you want it. I believe. It goes into a clip that pushes on also, so may need to nudge that around a bit if they don’t go ez enough. But that should solve it

I disagree completely. I owned an Apex and a 2008 Nytro and the panels on both were much worse when taking them apart and putting back together. I think the Sidewinder panels fit great and are such a pleasure to take apart and put together. I know many here like to take shots at Cat but in this case it's unwarranted. Rockerdan said he made some adjustments on his panels by loosening up some screws and and moving them around but he has a bad case of OCD. I just checked my panels today and they fit fine.

Agreed. The Apex panels Zues fasteners are a pia. These panels are a joy.

But he's not talking about ease of opening/taking them off, he's talking about the alignment. And from his picture, he's correct in thinking so. When I pick up mine..if it looks like that, I will have the dealer adjust it before I leave the dealership.

But he's not talking about ease of opening/taking them off, he's talking about the alignment. And from his picture, he's correct in thinking so. When I pick up mine..if it looks like that, I will have the dealer adjust it before I leave the dealership.
I do understand what he is saying and to be honest the Apex and Nytro alignment on the panels was no better. I think many are more critical when it comes to these Yamacats and the days of how much better Yamahas fit and finish is have been over for many years. All the sled makers have very good f&f these days.

Back