• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Parts Collecting Dust, aka ( HOARDERS ANONYMOUS)

Gambling addictions pale in comparison to our sled addictions.....it is very sad indeed...

Get into snowmobiling young, you will never be able to afford any other bad addiction!!!

Haha, Good one! You do realize collectively we could be the biggest used parts inventories in the country! Lol
Sadly, if we all put our parts for sale on this website we would all just swap parts with each other ending up with another hoarded stash of different parts. LOL

Maybe we should start a borrow your junk program where we all get to swap this crap around and just maybe and I say maybe we realize there is no use for this #*$&@ ever! Lol

It’s pretty amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years and its even more crazy the parts people give you when working on their sleds. Countless parts replaced and they want you to keep the parts you took off new sleds…. It all points to SimpleSpeed , that addiction to go fast… That feeling of G-Force when you realize one thing , this sled can hurt me, this correctly tune clutch is no joke… Yup thats why we have parts, lots of parts…

Not sure if anyone has ever posted a thread like this but I for one have umpteen parts in boxes laying around in the garage just collecting dust. Some are brand new take offs and others are aftermarket clutching components that have been cycled through. The purpose of this thread is to find out maybe why the part has been abandoned, why you didn't like using it or in the case of clutch parts why it didn't perform like you thought it might. In the process maybe we can find these dust collectors a new home to open up space in the garage.
I need a sidewinder secondary clutch.
What do you have?

lol it is the only reason i have inventory to repair sleds instead of waiting on parts. just stole a shaft out of spare skid to get a sled back together as bearing race ate the shaft. did the same thing last year on 2 other sleds to get them going.

lol it is the only reason i have inventory to repair sleds instead of waiting on parts. just stole a shaft out of spare skid to get a sled back together as bearing race ate the shaft. did the same thing last year on 2 other sleds to get them going.

I keep a big parts inventory for the same reason as if you need to order a part nowadays you could lose a whole winter of riding which happened to my Son's Lynx Rave during its first winter.

Hahahahah! That's one of the few things I haven't swapped out! They just seem to work...... until they crack!
Figured you had one laying around.
Looks like I am in the market for a secondary.
Tapp has not released one yet.
STM have been cracking also.
Pro 4 secondary, looking to see how that one is holding up.
Maybe I'll just order a new sheave since mine is all egged out at pin location. Too bad the pins don't sit tight in the bore.

"Figured you had one laying around.
Maybe I'll just order a new sheave since mine is all egged out at pin location. Too bad the pins don't sit tight in the bore.
[/QUOTE]"

Have you looked on eBay Tim? Somebody must have one lying around that isn't going to get used.

I ran a pro 4 on my 1100 mod stock turbo and it has zero issues. I would have kept it if it would have worked on my 998.

So yours has the pin holes egged out? Let me ask what rollers are you running on there?

I've got many thousands of miles on the what I believe to be the best rollers out there, the Hi-Torques and have no pins rolling in the sheave. They roll supper easy when new but get a bit more sticky with time. I test a lot of setups that roll thru here on my drill press scale and have yet to find anything that rolls as smooth and easily as the Hi-Torques. Might want to try some. I've seen some really poor and crunchy rollers, the worst offenders are the factory rollers!

I've been researching putting a sealed roller bearing on the stock pins to reduce the resistance and get more consistency yet. Thinking about boring out an old set of hi-torques and epoxying and pressing in a greased & sealed roller bearing so there still a soft roller on the alum helix.

FYI I have also run the Viper button secondary on the Winder with great success too, It just doesn't backshift quite as quick as the winder roller secondary, but it isn't far behind, plus I was running a light spring in the Viper secondary when I was testing it, I bet a wee bit stiffer spring would even that up. I'd run the Viper secondary on a trail sled over the STM or the Pro-4 myself, but thats just me. Seen many switch over to billet secondaries and don't see the reason or need myself. The STM secondaries crack on a trail sled I know that, seen it first hand with very low miles on it.... Pro-4 seems to be the better ticket here, but not going to be better performance than the stock secondary IMO.

FYI I have also run the Viper button secondary on the Winder with great success too, It just doesn't backshift quite as quick as the winder roller secondary, but it isn't far behind, plus I was running a light spring in the Viper secondary when I was testing it, I bet a wee bit stiffer spring would even that up. I'd run the Viper secondary on a trail sled over the STM or the Pro-4 myself, but thats just me.

If memory serves me well....doesn't the Nytro button secondary clutch fit the Winders as well?

Back