• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PERFORMANCE DAMPNER ON 2016 VIPER

Still looking to buy a set and Have not recieved any pm's yet, but im waiting patiently.

Thanks Pjw. That's kind of how I figured and that's how I did it. Front wasn't to bad. Those bottom 2 air box screws under radiator were a little PIA. You were right with the angles but I got it done. Have to get 6.5mm drill bit to do the back one next.

Thanks Pjw. That's kind of how I figured and that's how I did it. Front wasn't to bad. Those bottom 2 air box screws under radiator were a little PIA. You were right with the angles but I got it done. Have to get 6.5mm drill bit to do the back one next.
I believe i used a 1/4" drill bit- its alil smaller than 6.5mm converted but if i remember right it fits fine. Double check that it fits before drilling. I figured if i ever got rid of it i would put a sticker over the sides and find a 1/4" rivit for the top of the tunnel.

I have used 1/4" drill bit to install them...
1/4" = 6.35mm

Checked Home Depot and a Auto Parts Store, no metric drill bit to be found. Will use 1/4 for back install.

I had enough to zip tie the wire above, like it showed in pic. I should get a good side by side as my two have friends have vipers with out the damper

Just got 2016 Viper LTX-LE that has the Dampeners installed. For those who have put some miles on I am curious if there any noticeable difference good or bad?

yes their is a difference, about 1.5lbs more weight with them. All reality I don't notice any diff. Guessing that's also why Yamaha only offered them one year for viper.

Will be riding with another Viper and SW without them this year so I can do a sled to sled comparison. I look at it as a refinement and am anxious to test them out. Not expecting earth shattering results but look forward to riding and will have fun testing them. Would not have bought them specifically but since it came with them I am curious.

Back