• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Performance Mods! What is the best bang for your money?

What do you wish to accomplish? Better et's dragging, better ride, trail speed. We need to know what you are looking to improve first before we can make suggestions. Filter kit and exhaust on a four stroke don't gain you that much overall, IMO. Certainly not like the gains you see on a piped 2 stroke. Let us know EXACTLY what you hope to accomplish with these "mods". We'll fix ya right up. Also, we need more info on the sled, what year, existing mods, etc......

i'll have to agree with red on the fact exhaust and filters don't make much a difference for the money spent (probably an honest 5 hp), clutching for your riding style WILL be your biggest nonforced induction improvement for the money. i've been there, i have exhaust, filters, clutching, nos, studs(of course), and played with gearing. i would have to say nos was the best improvement, followed by clutching, then exhuast or filters. again this was my experience. i know there's a few the played with cams, headers, etc and hopefully they'll chime in and give a heads up. ;)! p.s. i'm assuming your wanting more h.p., not handling improvements

700SCOTT said:
i'll have to agree with red on the fact exhaust and filters don't make much a difference for the money spent (probably an honest 5 hp), clutching for your riding style WILL be your biggest nonforced induction improvement for the money. i've been there, i have exhaust, filters, clutching, nos, studs(of course), and played with gearing. i would have to say nos was the best improvement, followed by clutching, then exhuast or filters. again this was my experience. i know there's a few the played with cams, headers, etc and hopefully they'll chime in and give a heads up. ;)! p.s. i'm assuming your wanting more h.p., not handling improvements

No offense Scott, but that statement couldn't be further from the truth. My air kits for the RX1 pick up 17 to 22HP through the midrange. Admittedly 4 to 7 HP gain at peak but an ECP air kit equipped RX1 will crush a stock airbox. It will simply get to peak speed quicker.

Freddie Klies
www.easterncycleperf.com

Super Tuner I mean no offense here but more so am interested in this topic. 17-22 horse seems unbelievable. I hope its true though because I have a set of K+Ns that go with a boondocker kit that I will be installing for the winter and that would be a good jump off of the bottle for sure! My question to you is what sets your kit apart from my K+N's with springs and jetting as far as the air side of things, we won't even get into clutching. Thanks

the peaks of the dyno are just for bragging rights, the business is done under the peaks. I will take a mod that makes me 1hp more peak, but 25hp more under the peak anyday.

Ud have to have a clutch that pulls a load on the engine hard for it to sit in that power band were all that power is maid. Its just the clutch bams 10500 and holds there so there is ur power band.

JDMCRX said:
Ud have to have a clutch that pulls a load on the engine hard for it to sit in that power band were all that power is maid. Its just the clutch bams 10500 and holds there so there is ur power band.

Hi JD, Freddie's filter setup does work. Now on our Dyno it doesn't really "show" the gain because we use a brake dyno and runs are done at pre set accelleration rates 100 to 200 RPM per second. Freddies uses an enertia Dyno (like our chassis Dyno) which with something that rev's/accellerates quicker shows you more power and that's what his setup really does is make the motor/sled accellerate quicker.
We can't tell you how much HP they gain on our Dyno but you can feel/tell the difference, in the field, in acceleration. If we are running stk carbs in 500 or 660ft you'll find ECP style filters on my sleds.
Thanks,
Ray

Oh no dout they work in the field but. People say only a hp or so . But the midrange picks up well too.

Just cuious how people liked them on the trails and so forth did they noticed a difference say coming in a turn and brut acceleration?

Back