• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Permatex Ultra copper gasket maker around donuts?

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
Just changing my header and donuts, wondering if I should buy some permatex ultra copper gasket maker and put some at the connections of the flex pipe to donut and donut to header pipe? Also at the muffler connection. Will this help seal a lot better and last? I also am putting in copper donuts. Never used this gasket maker so I’m just wondering if it would be a good idea or not. Thanks!

Have no idea if it will help in this situation but cannot hurt in my opinion. I used to use this stuff on my dirt bike header years ago. Secret is to let it dry and setup for at least 24 hours before running the machine! Otherwise it'll just burn away.
Cheers!

Have no idea if it will help in this situation but cannot hurt in my opinion. I used to use this stuff on my dirt bike header years ago. Secret is to let it dry and setup for at least 24 hours before running the machine! Otherwise it'll just burn away.
Cheers!
Yea that’s what I was thinking, $11 for a tube of the stuff might as well try it out :dunno:

I dont think it will help due to the extreme temps close to the motor and its messy but it would work out near muffler.
Yea I got a new muffler gasket but I’m gonna put a line around that also, and oh well, maybe, won’t hurt tho so might as well throw a line around the lip of header pipe and flex pipes

I used it on the 06 apex a few years ago and no issues. Just used it on my old dodge 318 exhaust manifolds. Also,for info, there was an egr hole in the new manifolds that I dont have on the 95 so we found an old chrome lugnut from a celica that fit nice in the hole, put ultra copper around it, made a little plate the hold it in, and weeks later I still see the ultra copper so it didnt burn off. No leaks either.
But now will it last longer having a Toyota part on it??? LOL!

Back