• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PHAZER AS WE KNOW IT.....GONE

You can see I have been a Yamaha guy also but I need a power bump with out the weight increase of the nitro. So it's a rush or mxz I would go cat but they have dumped there 600 class sled.

Super Sled said:
farmerschiferl said:

Yep, this was a last minute decision. The Japs delayed the new sled, presumably until 2014. They were in Minoqua this week and pulled the rug out from Yamaha, N.A. and delayed the release due to excess dealer inventory of 2011 and 2012 sleds.

But the Phazer replacement sled is real and guys have ridden it. It was a planned 2013 model. It is set to be built, but wqas delayed.
I heard stories before but i trusted you in the past(you gave me the lead for the BOSS seat last year from cooke city motorsports for my bros 2006 Nytro,worth every penny Thanks :Rockon: )and your location close to the testing center gives more cred to your story.Yamaha may have pulled a "HONDA"(famous for killing projects at the last minute)in order to clear more inventory.Another year to get the kinks out won,t hurt.

When I was in Alaska years ago, I used to drive by a Yamaha test
track near Glennallen on the Richardson Highway. Is it still there? It's
easy to see what they're up to if it is. The strip ran right next to the highway.

seeing as how this supposed sled was to be released and didn't, i wonder if we will see an early leak, or will Yammi be able to keep a lid on it til next March?

anyone know what's up with the 2013 Phazer?

The Mtx is claiming improved front & rear suspension, improved wheels and some weight loss.

anyone have details?

Well the phazer has its place but for me it's a real bummer the new sled wasn't released. I want the phazer motor in a traditional chassis that is warm and tracks nice and straight with a seat you can sit on not a dirt bike seat .

Yammie could have a slam dunk with that. As it is the doo ACE just cleans up in the sales dept.

I don't want to buy my wife the Doo but yammie I giving us no alternative

She wants a 4s to replace her 2000 phazer that sled is everything she wants it's warm,soft seat, nice soft suspension for trail cruising . Only problems are its a gas pig, it stinks , and it's loud.

I can't see why they can't build both????

With the 3 cyl you have Nytro or Vector for 2 types of riding

Why can't they have that at 85 hp?

srvfan said:
Well the phazer has its place but for me it's a real bummer the new sled wasn't released. I want the phazer motor in a traditional chassis that is warm and tracks nice and straight with a seat you can sit on not a dirt bike seat .

Yammie could have a slam dunk with that. As it is the doo ACE just cleans up in the sales dept.

I don't want to buy my wife the Doo but yammie I giving us no alternative

She wants a 4s to replace her 2000 phazer that sled is everything she wants it's warm,soft seat, nice soft suspension for trail cruising . Only problems are its a gas pig, it stinks , and it's loud.

I can't see why they can't build both????

With the 3 cyl you have Nytro or Vector for 2 types of riding

Why can't they have that at 85 hp?

Thoughts crossed my mind, I kick myself for not buying a Phazer engine/computer of craigslist for 1000$. A week later an XTC 500 popped up with a blown engine and Ohlins front shocks for 1000$. I figured I could have dropped that phazer engine in the XTC pretty easy and worked out an in tunnel exhaust for under 2500$ and had a great trail cruiser, 20-22mpg with a 12 gallon tank!! Probibly would have tossed a Mono under it too!

I've been thinking of that idea to. Problem with tunnel exhaust I think would be having room past the drivers and above the track.

Wonder if u could turn the motor around. The exhaust would be pretty easy in that u could do whatever you wanted as you don't have to worry about getting it wrong and burning down like a 2 s.

Having the rear exhaust you'd have to probably have it above the stock tunnel and raise the tank and seat that would pose some serious challenges

Back