• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Carbide Recommendation

scottebudd

Can't afford to upgrade my son's 07 FX Phazer from stock skis to aftermarked but what carbides would you recommend for the stock Phazer ski (first season owning this sled)?

My 6in shapers helped a bit handling wise and I cant say enough how happy I am with thier durability.Never had a set last a whole season before but these did.

I'm going to try the duelies this year because my shapers are gone, I heard the duelies are good. This year I rode so much that by spring on the ice I couldn't steer cause my shapers are flat, lol.

Don't run 6 inch dualies with stock cluching... the engine compression breaking makes the #*$&@ end dance all over the place a high speed.. trust me I about wiped it first time I let off the gas on a high speed trail run with the dualies. When you turn the bars to compensate for what the rear is doing there is no drift on hard pack with the dualies, they bight so things can get out of hand in a hurry... just my .02

After I studded my 07 Fx I put on 8" scags that were given to me. They grabbed too much in the turns. Put 6" Woody's on and handling in the turns improved greatly. My opinion the dualies may grab too much also.

I also have Berfstrems with ski savers, They seem to work ok.

Back