• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

425 + 30 shipping + 15 for extra packing material. Aaen says extra packing will quiet it down a bit, so i got some just incase it's too loud. I ordered direct from Aaen on the phone.

So paying credit card the CAD rate is just whatever the exchange rate happens to be. I missed the boat is we were at .98 last week, & down to .95 now.

He didn't specify either way. HP also varies with or without the "Quiet Core".

I am going to play around with it when I get it installed and see what works/sounds best.

so since these arnt phazer specific...what do i need to do to my phazer to make sure i dont burn out the pistens or something. seeing how its fuel injected...like do i need to re-jet it or something?

thanks

Uh, I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

This Aaen pipe was designed specifically for the Phazer and dynoed.

You don't "need" to install a Power Commander for the air/fuel ratio, but it is safer. I know running the airbox mods leans it out a bit. And no you don't jet etc in this EFI 4-stroke.

I think there is a way to richen/lean the fuel somewhat without a PowerCommander, but I wouldn't have a clue.

If you're looking to save some dough I know a couple guys have ripped out some "guts" out of their stock mufflers. They said it sounded better & lost some weight....

Good luck Yo Dude

MikeWalters said:
Uh, I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

This Aaen pipe was designed specifically for the Phazer and dynoed.

You don't "need" to install a Power Commander for the air/fuel ratio, but it is safer. I know running the airbox mods leans it out a bit. And no you don't jet etc in this EFI 4-stroke.

I think there is a way to richen/lean the fuel somewhat without a PowerCommander, but I wouldn't have a clue.

Schmidt Bros Fuel Pressure Regulator clames it does this.

MikeWalters said:
If you're looking to save some dough I know a couple guys have ripped out some "guts" out of their stock mufflers. They said it sounded better & lost some weight....

Good luck Yo Dude

called up yami and they said if i did this i would blow up the engine... i asked if i could take the baffles out...thats what the said

Hmmmn. Sounds like they are just being on the safe side. There are dudes running straight pipe Apex's, freakin loud but I can't see how taking out a bit of baffle would be that bad.

Having said that I am not a mechanic.

Regarding noise you could do as Aaen suggests, adding more packing to a re-packable silencer. Also the Schmidt pipes don't seem to loud.

Good luck with your quest.

MikeWalters said:
Hmmmn. Sounds like they are just being on the safe side. There are dudes running straight pipe Apex's, freakin loud but I can't see how taking out a bit of baffle would be that bad.

Having said that I am not a mechanic.

Regarding noise you could do as Aaen suggests, adding more packing to a re-packable silencer. Also the Schmidt pipes don't seem to loud.

Good luck with your quest.

Yes! It just that if one thing goes ont that motor, everything goes. The engine is just moving way to fast to protect it slef. However the new engines has sensor that will reduce and or full engine shutdown if something goes wrong.

I think taking out the baffle and driving it would annoy me. Also you are going to have a extremly hot muffler. The baffle not only elimnate noise and vibration but heat as well.

So it came in the mail last week.

Got my Aaen pipe installed this weekend.

It sounds, bad-#*$&@ people. And it really is 12lb lighter than stock!

I'll post a vid when I find the time.

Do not buy this pipe if you ride patrolled trails, I don't think you'd pass through! But seriously at idle & just pulling away WOW it sounds awesome! I'll do some fly-by's & post vids.

It is definitely loud compared to stock, but it is a completely different tone, so it's hard to tell how "loud" it really is.

There aren't any trails or people where I ride, so the noise does not concern me.

Just picked up my 1.5" Campoplast track this weekend too, that'll be a longer job tho.

Adios,

Back