• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer fan direction?

penguinn

Hello i have a dumb question about my phazer, i is overheating in deep snow but seems to be fine on the trail. The fan is working and it blows air out the front of the radiator,shoud it be sucking air from the front and blowing it out the back? thanks in advance for the help.

I thought it seem backwards, but just wanted to check with others to see which way there fan is blowing, i will try reversing the wiring.

no all the fans blow out on the phazer. its kind of an #*$&@ backwards design. i guess the idea( from what ive heard) is to suck the hot air from inside the motor compartment and get it out of there when its ideling and when ur riding just the force of the wind over comes the fan( wich should turn off once the temp is at optimal temp or lower) and forces cool air threw.

if you want extra cooling ive seen some enlarge the opening in the side pannel so more of the raidator shows. just make sure to add some screaing to help protect it from ice and sticks.

realy, becaues mine is sucking air from the radiatior back into the battery area. Only operates for a 10-15 sec, at a time around once to twice at idle.

you sure? mine blows out. so does my buddies and the one my old boss took in on trade. every one ive encountered blows out. all have been 08s

i believe the fins on the fans are directional. meaning they are only efficent spinging one way. they should be blowing in the direction they are cuped. if its blowing the way the fins are cuped. then its blowing the right way.

i went out and checked mine and its def blowing out. but i didnt get a good look at the fan cause couldnt find a working flash light.

re-wiring the fan won't make it change direction. you need to flip the fan around.
maybe they can work both ways.
since putting mine on & having it pull through the radiator, i have not seen the temp. light as i did in the past.
pulls in from rad. & blows out the side panel vent. you can feel it when the fan kicks on.
terret makes a good point about the fins being directional. my fan is off a street bike not the stock fan. (07 sled no fan) so mine could be/is different.
either way, try flipping it & see if that cures your problem.

I know mine is pulling the air out off the radiatior and pushing it back becaues I have had hot air hit my in theface from behind the ridiator.

just for anyone else looking into the fan thing i pulled the side pannel off and ran it until the fan cut in and it is sucking from the front of the machine and blowing it back into the engine compartment. With the side cover on it seems to have so much back pressure that if feels like it is blowing out the front but it actually isn't.

Back